[Namron] FW: Gift Baskets for Gulf Wars

Karla Norris melisandedf at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:08:55 PST 2008

Greetings Namron:

During the last Populace Meeting, I mentioned that HRM Vanessa had requested our assistance
in filling a gift basket for the King and Queen of Atenveldt at Gulf Wars.  I wrote a dear friend of mine
who lives in Atenveldt and received the following information:

HRM Eduard loves anything with a wolf depicted on it, smoked meats, and brewed items.  His
persona is a 14th century Englishman, but he loves to go "A Viking" with his beloved Queen.  HRM lost an
eye years ago fighting live steel and has a sense of humor about it, he loves to display the
populace badge of the sun of Atenveldt with a winking eye.  (Links to these are found below)

Queen Asa is an early period Viking. She is in a household with their symbol a Raven.  A photo of both,
the arms of the King and Queen of Atenveldt (gifts bearing this device would remain the property
of the Crown of Atenveldt after they step down) and their personal devices (gifts bearing these devices
could remain theirs after stepping down) are as follows:  http://www.atenveldt.org/People/Royalty/The76thCrownofAtenveldtTRMEduardandAsa/tabid/491/Default.aspx

Wonderful items for gift baskets are:  anything displaying your skill as an artisan....knitted gloves, embroidered bookmarks or cupcovers, handpainted noted cards, handmade soap, food (that doesn't need preservation like candied orange peel), etc.  If you are not crafty oriented, other things I know have been gifted and are much appreciated:  gift cards for gas, phone, food, etc.    I have also purchased some
medieval looking photo frames, which are always nice gifts for anyone in the SCA.

What the King and Queen do not use themselves can be given as largesse, I know a friend of mine and
I made 25 cupcovers for a basket once.  We found the small crocheted doilies at a dollar store and
attached lovely beads to weight them down.

Aten Sun:  http://www.atenveldt.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=n9XnMGMJ1ho%3d&tabid=83&mid=1401  Looking for the populace badge:  It is per fess blue and white with a postage stamp sun in the upper left hand corner of the blue.... http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/KingdomColors.htm#Atenveldt

It would be wonderful if I could have these items for Vanessa at  the first March Populace Meeting at the
very latest....March 5th, so she can pack them for her trip to Gulf Wars.  However, I would be willing to
accept anything you have at any time and will store it until it can be given to Vanessa.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me.  (405) 735-3466

In Service,
HL Melisande de Frayne