[Namron] Baronial Awards

sandra goodrich tgnst at swbell.net
Thu Jul 17 16:54:14 PDT 2008

Ahhhh, so that's what you were doing, :-)
  Krig is Danish-Norwegian for 'war, to make war, to wage war', and also 'corner of the eye'...
  Krigshelt is 'Hero, warrior, man of arms'...
  From my not quite 65 year old Ordbog from whence the order name came...'Stacia

William Herron <fitzbubba at gmail.com> wrote:
  I wrote up the following for the Plume. My thanks to Mistress 'Stacia
for her help.

The Torsad(e) of Namron (a variation of a French word meaning "twist"
or "twisted") is given in recognition of efforts of service to the
Barony of Namron. It is usually the first baronial service award
given. The insignia is a "ribbon" made up of several intertwined
ribbons, all different colors. (The colors represent several of the
Barons and Baroness of Namron.)

The Order of the Heart of the Sable Storm of Namron is an armigerous
award, meaning that if the recipient doesn't already have an Award of
Arms, the Award of Arms is granted with this award. It represents a
significant effort in terms of service to the Barony of Namron.
Usually, the recipient will have already received a Torsad(e) of
Namron. The insignia is a "gold" (actually brass) metal, pile wavy,
that looks like a tornado.

The Order of the Krigshelt of Namron is given for legendary service to
the Barony of Namron. Usually, the recipient will have already
received a Torsad(e) and an Order of the Heart of the Sable Storm of
Namron. The insignia looks like the Sable Storm, but it is "silver"
instead of "gold".

In addition, there is one baronial arts and sciences award. The
Argent Fleur of Namron is given in recognition of distinguished
efforts among the arts and sciences benefitting the Barony of Namron.
The insignia is a "ribbon" like the Torsad(e), but only the colors
blue and white are used.