[Namron] Baronial Awards

Jim L Couch jimcouch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 16:21:45 PDT 2008

When you say that the torsad is made of different colors.  What colors are
they?  Are they specific?  I love learning the customs and procedures of the
SCA.  Thanks for the great article.

Sæmundr

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:38 PM, William Herron <fitzbubba at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wrote up the following for the Plume.  My thanks to Mistress 'Stacia
> for her help.
>
> The Torsad(e) of Namron (a variation of a French word meaning "twist"
> or "twisted") is given in recognition of efforts of service to the
> Barony of Namron.  It is usually the first baronial service award
> given.  The insignia is a "ribbon" made up of several intertwined
> ribbons, all different colors.  (The colors represent several of the
> Barons and Baroness of Namron.)
>
> The Order of the Heart of the Sable Storm of Namron is an armigerous
> award, meaning that if the recipient doesn't already have an Award of
> Arms, the Award of Arms is granted with this award.  It represents a
> significant effort in terms of service to the Barony of Namron.
> Usually, the recipient will have already received a Torsad(e) of
> Namron.  The insignia is a "gold" (actually brass) metal, pile wavy,
> that looks like a tornado.
>
> The Order of the Krigshelt of Namron is given for legendary service to
> the Barony of Namron.  Usually, the recipient will have already
> received a Torsad(e) and an Order of the Heart of the Sable Storm of
> Namron.  The insignia looks like the Sable Storm, but it is "silver"
> instead of "gold".
>
> In addition, there is one baronial arts and sciences award.  The
> Argent Fleur of Namron is given in recognition of distinguished
> efforts among the arts and sciences benefitting the Barony of Namron.
> The insignia is a "ribbon" like the Torsad(e), but only the colors
> blue and white are used.

God is a scientist, not a magician - Albert Einstein

My life, my hobbies, and pictures at http://jimcouch.googlepages.com/