[Namron] Roman Art Exhibit Update

Mike Andrews W5EGO mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Sat Jul 19 16:05:45 PDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 05:56:02PM -0500, James Rushin wrote:
> I hope everyone had a great time who got to go and see it.  After looking at
> finances, Maura and I found out we couldn’t afford it today (check hasn’t
> come in yet from work due to holiday) But we are going to see it as soon as
> we get paid.  Is it worth it.  How was it.  We miss everybody.

It was damn fine. Learned a lot about a bunch of things.

The folks who told Lady Isobel that the folded-over part of her bog
dress was too long were wrong.

The folks who told her that her hair wasn't in a period style were
wrong.

The folks who told her that her sandals weren't period were wrong.

The Romans had damn fine sculptors and jewelers.

Neat.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO