[Namron] MED FAIR UPDATE

JOHN variglog at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 5 20:46:13 PST 2008

I just want to take a few moments and offer a quick update on Med Fair.

First, on behalf of Namron, I offer our good friends of Wiesenfeuer a King
Size THANK YOU for their generous contribution of $100 to help defer
hospitality expenses.

We still need a volunteer to oversee the Arts & Sciences tent for the 3
Faire days.  While the tent pretty much takes care of itself once it is set
up and staffed each day, we need someone to keep track of the displays, see
that they are labeled and described for visitors and tent volunteers and
make sure they are secure at night and to put out any minor "fires" that may
arise.

Lady Isobel de Kirkbryde has volunteered to serve as Volunteer Coordinator
on Saturday and Sunday while Lady Siobhan and I will take that duty on
Friday.  When you arrive, simply check in with the Volunteer Coordinator if
you want something to do (Fighters and Marshals check in with Lord
Christian, the List Coordinator) and we'll make sure we find a duty you
enjoy and make certain no one is "stuck" anywhere too long.  And the
Volunteer Coordinator will be sure workers get the coveted tokens to get
into Hospitality to eat :-)

Weather allowing, I am hoping to get everything we need moved from the shed
to the site on Wednesday, and depending on how many folks are available, do
some of the preliminary set up.  Then we can come again Thursday and tie up
loose ends.  But if the weather gets persnickety we'll have to adjust
accordingly.  We will need bodies and vehicles for both set up and tear down
on Sunday evening.  We're in the same area, but the layout will be a bit
different this year to accommodate the new trees of The Namron Forest.

And hats off to Lady Una Carleton for her great work of overseeing
Hospitality.  She asked me to remind everyone to please remember your feast
gear, and that a washing up area will be available to clean your gear after
meals.  The Hospitality will be one of the key areas we need volunteers,
even if you can only offer an hour or 2.

If you have any questions, suggestions or comments please call me at
360.4150 or e-mail wolfgangvonsachsenhausen at yahoo.com

Wolfgang