[Namron] REVEL

JOHN variglog at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 7 19:54:43 PST 2008

Right!

I visited with Master Aethelstan, our Seneschal, earlier this evening and he
is of the belief if Revel is sponsored by the Barony, it should be open to
all, and still maintain a family friendly atmosphere.  So all ages would be
welcome and if someone wants to relax with an adult beverage or 2, no
problem.  Moreover, being a recruiting opportunity, this will give the
opportunity for prospective members to visit with us in an informal setting.

He has suggested we pursue leasing the big room we had last year at the
American Legion Hall in Norman and running the Revel (The Running Revels?)
from about 7 until 1115 or 1130, allowing time to clean up and secure the
room before the midnight deadline.  This would mean an "advance team" would
have to open and ready the Hall beginning about 6 or so.  And that would be
a call for a few more volunteers :-)

I just spoke with Sebastiana about this and he is still willing to host an
"after Revel" on his property in Newalla for those who still wish to
celebrate into the night.  If we decide to go this route, he can provide
more details as needed.

What do you all think?

Wolfgang

Official Guard of the Cookies