[Namron] Medieval Fair-BIG NUMBERS!

JOHN variglog at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 8 10:09:52 PDT 2008

I just spoke with Linda Linn, Norman Medieval Fair Coordinator, and she was
very happy to report based on estimates from the police agencies a record
breaking crowd of between 350-400,000 came into the lanes this year, with
Saturday hosting a record breaking 1 day attendance.  Judging how busy our
encampment was, a good majority of those folks found their way to The Dream.
No count on how many pooches came through, but I imagine that was record as
well :-)

A few folks have asked whether Medieval Fair T-shirts are still available,
and Linda said she has many sizes on hand, and if you give her a call and
mentioned you worked in the SCA encampment, she will give a discount.  Off
the top of her head, she said the shirts were about $12 and her number is
405.288.2536.

And Linda again offered continued compliments to the SCA and on how well our
encampment went this year.   That success is because of you, each and every
member who took time to come out and help, from the early planning all the
way to the final closing of the Shed doors.

Please keep the ideas and suggestions for the 2009 Fair coming in.  I
already have several pages of notes going on a legal pad on things we can do
to make next year even better.

Thanks you again.

Wolfgang