[Namron] OT: Insulin Syringe Recall

Siren Song sirensong13 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 13:30:10 PST 2008

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2008/NEW01911.html

I know many SCAers use insulin. I wanted to make sure the word was out. please feel free to pass this along!

FDA Reports Nationwide Recall of Mislabeled ReliOn Insulin Syringes

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is notifying health care professionals
  and patients that Tyco Healthcare Group LP (Covidien)
  is recalling one lot of ReliOn sterile, single-use, disposable, hypodermic
  syringes with permanently affixed hypodermic needles due to possible mislabeling.
  The use of these syringes may lead to patients receiving an overdose of as
  much as 2.5 times the intended dose, which may lead to hypoglycemia, serious
health consequences, and even death.

The recall applies to the following lot number and product information:

  -- Lot Number 813900

  -- ReliOn 1cc, 31-gauge, 100 units for use with U-100 insulin
These syringes are distributed by Can-Am Care Corp and sold only by Wal-Mart
  at Wal-Mart stores and Sam's Clubs under the ReliOn name

Lady Siobhan ingenTigernaich
House of Cynrede Spîritus
Seneschal, Canton of Skorragardr
Nordsteorra, Kingdom of Ansteorra
It's not the color of the Text but how you use it.