[Namron] ISO Sarait

Jennifer Couch okwldflwr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:23:55 PST 2008

I would love to share the recipe!!  Thanks so much for the wonderful
compliment!

Cranberry bread recipe with walnuts and orange. Cook Time: 1 hour
Ingredients:

   - juice and grated peel of 1 orange
   - boiling water
   - 2 tablespoons butter
   - 1 cup sugar
   - 1 egg
   - 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
   - 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
   - 2 cups all-purpose flour
   - 1/2 teaspoon salt
   - 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
   - 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Preparation:Put orange juice in a 1-cup measure. Add enough boiling water to
orange juice to make 3/4 cup. Add grated orange peel and butter; stir until
butter is melted. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and egg together; add orange mixture and stir
until well blended. Add cranberries and nuts. Sift together flour, salt,
baking soda and baking powder. Stir into egg and orange mixture. Pour batter
into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 325° for about 1 hour, or until
a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool on a rack and
store overnight before serving.

Sarait

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Jacqueline Reynolds <
jacqueline_reynolds at cox.net> wrote:

> Sarait,
>
> Would you mind sharing with the rest of us your wonderful recipe for the
> cranberry-raisin bread that your son made at Axeman V?  It was my favorite
> bread and I would love to have it again.
>
> Thanks,

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready,
we shall never begin.--Ivan Turgenev

View my blog at  http://sarait.blogspot.com/