[Namron] Nobember 18 Populace Meeting

Shalon Reynolds shalon_reynolds at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:14:05 PST 2008

OYEZ!  OYEZ!  The following items were discussed at the November 18, 2008 populace meeting of the Barony of Namron.

Baron Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair and Baroness Muriel ingen Gille Crist:
*  Baroness:  Axeman was a fantastic event.  The canton hosted approximately 40 people above their break even point.  They sold out of feast and the food was great.  There were 9 heavy fighters and 4 light fighters.

*  Now that Protectorate and Axeman are over we can begin to look forward.  Chemin Noir and BAM are this weekend.

Seneschal  Master Aethelstan Aethelmearson
*  Applications for the office of seneschal will close at the first populace meeting in December.  (December 3, 2008)
*  We will not be able to use the Nobel library in December as they are booked.  The first populace meeting in December will be at the Norman Public Library.

Treasurer Lord Lúcás Mór mac Raghnaill
*  The estimated accout balance for Namron is $9,000.00
*  Receipts from Axeman must be turned into Lucas by the next populace meeting.  If they are not received prior to December 3, 2008, or are not given to Lady Adelheid at the December 3, populace meeting, your services will be considered a financial donation to the barony.

Herald Lady Adelheid Lilje
*  Thank you to everyone who has been so patient with my Lord Lucas and I as we juggle the responsibilities of being Namron officers and new parents.  Now that event season is over (thus, causing a slowdown in the need for checks), I should be returning to Populace meetings on December 3, and my Lord will make sure that "the king of our castle," Benjamin, is on schedule and in bed at a proper time.
*  A very special thank you to Lady Aubrey who posted the meeting minutes to the list for the first populace meeting in November and diligently took notes for me at the November 18, populace meeting.

*  List of awards given at Protectorate:
Honorable Lady Melisande de Frayne  - Torsade
Lord Lúcás Mór mac Raghnaill  - Torsade
Lady Adelheid Lilje - Torsade
Lord Rolf the Bruised Thorinson - Torsade
Lady Tamsin McAindruis  - Torsade
Fiacha the Blue - Sable Falcon
 Lady Kyna Terricsdottir - Sable Crane
Ashikaga Hideyoshi - Award of Arms
Loemax D'sanai  - Award of Arms
Lord Orlando Giovanni di Gilead - Sable Talon (Rapier)
Lady Caterina Giovanni di Gilead - Sable Thistle (Cooking)
Barat FitzWalter Reynolds - Laurel (now Master Barat)
Lord Jacques de Saint Amour - Torsade
Lady Aubrey Ericstochter- Torsdae
Ulrich von Brixen - Sable crane, award given as pat of the reign of their Stellar Majesties, Aaron & Vanessa
Colet LeFournier - Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Champion
Baron Alan Bron O'Brien - Knight
An award of arms and a torsade were also read into law, but their recipients were not present

Chronicler Sayyid Isma’il ibn Hasan ibn Assan (Ithrael)
*  Submit articles and pictures for the Plume early this month due to Thanksgiving to ithrael at gmail.com

Hospitaler Honorable Lady Adena Terricsdottir

Archery Marshall Baron Ulf Gunnarsson
*  25-30 sooters participated at Axeman.  It wa cold and windy.
*  Royal rounds will continue at events so that people can get scores posted.
*  Practice is still being held on Sundays at Lord Christian's land, under the big tree beside Lord Sebastiana's house.   19300 SE 149th Street    Newalla, OK 74857-5307
*  New 36 in. burlap covered targets have been purchased for the Barony of Namron.  Loaner gear is available for those who want to participate.

Rapier Marshall Lord Sebastiana Gerynot Fanelli
*  Lord Orlando won Axeman, and our newest fighter, Lord Chris came in second.
*Practice is still being held every Tuesday night at Lord Orlando's home.  See website for details,

A & S Minister Lady Veronique de Mont Saint Michel
*  Lady Veronique and her Lord Jacques just returned from France where they did "reserach" and saw a great exhibit of Celtic art.
*  Baroness Annabelle Marie Fitzsimmons won the A&S competition at Axeman.

Knight's Marshall  Lord Rolf Thorinson
*  Lord Rolf is considering moving fighter practice to the same location as archery for the winter.  It would be moved back to the park four weeks before Medfaire.  He wishes to discuss this with all the heavy fighters.
*  Heavy fighter will be held this Sunday at Reeves park, please attend the meeting to give Rolf input on the potential move.

V-Scribe  Baron Ulf Gunnarsson
*  The barony is accepting applications for V-scribe.

Other Business:

Master Ulf:  Thanksgiving will again be held at Maleah and Ulf's home.  The meal will begin at 2:00 p.m. until whenever.  If you are not going to see your family for Thanksgiving, come by and share the holiday with your baronial family.  If you are spending Thanksgiving with your family, come by for dessert afterward.  Please RSVP to Maleah to tell what item you will be bringing to the meal.

Skorrgardr:  Thank you to all who helped at Axeman and gate.  Total gate count was 137.  The canton cleared about $500.00 from the event.  The December populace meeting for the canton of Skorgarrdr is Sunday, December 7, 2008.

Cooks Guild:  The cooks guild meeting is this Sunday, November 23, 2008 at the home of Honorable Lord Tagdh.  See website for details.

There being no further business, the November 18, 2008 Populace meeting of the Barony of Namron was closed.

****Please contact Lady Adelheid with any addendums or corrections to the meeting minutes.