[Namron] Thanks!

Ashly "Sakami" Belford raviachekov at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 13 19:23:12 PDT 2008

I just want to say thank you to those that were able to attend our handfasting. I appreciate the support from those of you that were unable to attend, but were most definately there in spirit.

Kolormr and I also want to thank those that helped us on our way home on Sunday when our dragon fell lame from a busted wing.

Tim the Tall and family stopped by and luckily had the tool needed to get the spare down, and thank you for the use of your skillet to support the jack in the soft earth. We will be making arrangements to get that back to you ASAP.

The odd thing was that the spare had too been punctured as well...

Luckily our newcomers (Paul and Rene) were travelling with us as well and we were able to make a trip to Mooneschadowe's Wally World Imporium for a replacement wing.

When we returned, several other SCA family stopped by to make sure that we were okay. I often talk about the SCA as a large family when describing our group to interested newcomers, and it was very much exemplified Sunday afternoon in the number of people that stopped to check on us. Paul and Rene (and soon little Anna!) plan to attend more events in the future. I believe that first-hand experience with our support system helped solidfy an already strongly inclined decision.

I am proud to belong to such a family and even more proud to share it with others.

Vivat to all!

YIS,

Sakami & Kolormr

Sakurai no Sakami, House Firestorm
~*~
Or, a Phoenix Gules
~*~*~
Crossbows don't kill people; quarrels kill people.
~*~*~*~
The way to a mans heart is through his stomach . . . and UP!