[Namron] OT: Meatsword

Robert Atwood rob at mummersguild.com
Fri Apr 17 11:45:58 PDT 2009

Hrm... The real problem with a smart-crown would be the user
interface.  Vocal commands would work for input, but the output would
have to be completely invisible to avoid looking non-period.

I've got it!  How are you at reading Morse code, yer Excellency?  I
could probably arrange for an array of tiny hammers mounted in the
crown to tap out the messages from RSS streams and incoming email...
how 'bout using the left side for RSS, and the right for SMTP?  That
would leave the front for text messages and the back for system
alerts...

Another thought, instead of hammers we could use tiny electric prods
to stimulate the nerves in meaningful patterns....

I should be able to take care of this for around $1200 and it wouldn't
weigh much more than 3 pounds (plus the weight of the original
crown).  I'll get started right away!

<cut forward to a few weeks later, with HE Muriel twitching on the
throne>
ALARMED POP MEMBER #1:  Is she having a seisure?
ROBERT: Nah, somebody just sent her a rather large picture via SMS...
she'll be fine in a few minutes.

Always happy ta be of service
Robert o' the Faire