[Namron] Archery Practice - CANCELED for 12/27/09

Robert Atwood rob at mummersguild.com
Sat Dec 26 15:27:29 PST 2009

Well, the weather might not be too bad tomorrow, but I hear there are six inches of snow on the archery range, so to spare our arrows from an icy grave, I am canceling archery practice for tomorrow.

Weather (and weather-related effects) permitting, we'll have a grand ol' time shooting next Sunday, though!

Note:  Tomorrow would be an excellent day to repair arrows, straighten shafts, and work on other archery-related tasks.  Here's a handy link for a guide to straightening arrows:
http://www.stickbow.com/FEATURES/ARROWMAKING/straightening.cfm

Note- Method #2 (hook straightening) can be accomplished with a smooth, round metal surface (such as the shaft of a screwdriver) if you don't have a hook available (Thanks to Lawrence o' the Greenwood for that tip!).  Remember not to do too much at once; those arrows are expensive, so easy does it!

In service and in thrall to that most wonderful hobby,

Ld Robert o' the Faire,
Archery Marshal, Namron