[Namron] Fabrics question

Sæmundr inn skærr saemundrthepure at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 20:04:26 PST 2009

When one talks about a "heavier weave" natural fabric, what are they
speaking of specifically?  I am looking for linen so that I can have some
armor for rapier made, and I am told that 3 layers of heavy linen, and maybe
a layer of pretty stuff (like brocade) might look and work terrifically but
when I go to online fabric shops they don't usually say "heavy" or "light",
and love em but they dont say that their linen would work great for rapier
armor.  =P  How can I refine my searches so that I know that the material I
get will be suitable for not getting poked.

Just thought I would throw it out on the list and see if someone has more
insight.

Lorenzo

--
Are you looking for Jim or Sæmundr?  Find them both at:
http://sites.google.com/site/saemundrofnamron/