[Namron] Period hair coverings

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 21:11:07 PST 2009

> What about circlets? I know there are some rules, i.e. color, design and
> width that indicate noblity, but I am unsure of exactly what the
> restrictions are. This is what I would be interested in.
> Any thoughts?
> Caterina

The only restrictions would be the ones in Kingdom Law.  The keyword
is "sumptuary".  I believe what you'd like to wear is referred to as a
fillet:

| Section 8 : Fillets
| A. Any member of the populace may wear a metal fillet not to exceed
½ inch in width.
| B. Any metal-looking band across the front of the head is a coronet,
if it exceeds
| the stated dimension or is decorated in any of the ways noted above.
| - Ansteorra Kingdom Law, Article IX:  Coronet Sumptuary Law

You'd need to look at the earlier parts of the Article to see what
constitutes "...in any of the ways noted above".  Ansteorra Law is
available at

http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/forms/Kingdom_Law_Jan09.pdf

Again, just search for "sumptuary" or "fillets"...you don't need to
read the whole thing.

Care,
Bubba