[Namron] Populace Meeting

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovvek pookyloves at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 23:14:59 PST 2009

Hearing about this issue brought real tears to Pookie's eyes...

I imagined a room full of fellow SCAdians pleasantly eager to share in
the fellowship of friends, to such a fervent level and fevered pitch
that courtesy to those who have the floor and need the attention of
everyone slipped to a secondary possibly tertiary mindful concern...

When I think about this "trouble in Namron" it hearkens me back to all
the other troubles we've experienced in our wonderful Barony! The way
and the whats that people of Namron have waggled their tongues in the
past, the motivations for defamation's, the paths those uses of voice
took us down, and the deceit involved when one would say "they" said
something about the person or a friend of the person that was telling
you/I.
Woopsie I just had a thought: Place your finger above the delete button now

"To be lied to is to be valued less then the air being exhailed"
oh no, another one...
"To be lied about is to be valued less then the electrical charge it
takes 2 brain cells to spark"

Yea well before I slip into a total rant or recant more of our past
I'll just leave you with these words:

Consider this difficulty a blessing.

I really look forward to gettin' back to Namron and join in the
trouble making (1st Wed. & 3rd Tues.)

I'm VERY Proud of you Lords and Ladies and what you have made Namron become,
Pooky

Post scriptum: Email rephrased ~ If  this is the biggest of Namron's
problems, we're doin' really good!

Post post scriptum: Email rephrased mathematically ~ If we are willing
to measure
a quality by the cumulative negatives, Namron's really close to a positive!

Post post post scriptum: Email rephrased meteorogically / lyrically ~

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see no more obstacles in our way
Gone are the dark lies that filled our minds
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Namronian day.
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Namronian day.

I think I can make it now, the lies are done
All of the bad feelings should disappear
Here is the rainbow I've been prayin' for
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Namronian day.

Look all around, there's nothin' but black stars!
Look straight ahead, nothin' but black stars!

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see no more obstacles in our way
Gone are the dark lies that filled our minds
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Namronian day.

It's gona be a bright (bright) bright (bright)
Namronian day!!!

On 1/20/09, William Herron <fitzbubba at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like some feedback from the list.  I think there's a problem here,
> but it may just be in my delusional mind.
>
> I was going to speak this evening about the open officer positions and
> encourage people who *haven't* done offices in the past to get
> involved.  By the time it came around to me to speak I was unhappy
> enough that if I had gotten up I would have said things and probably
> pissed people off, personally.  So I kept my mouth shut.
>
> One of the things that I've been doing in the populace meetings is
> taking notes.  I then send them to our seneschal, who reviews them
> (and corrects my spelling) before I publish them to this list.
>
> Quite frankly, I had trouble doing notes tonight because of the noise
> level.  I don't mean the fact that we were having our meeting at a
> restaurant...I mean because there is so much talk amongst the
> populace, especially while officers are trying to give their reports
> and conduct their business.  (By the way, if you're trying to take
> notes, you really can't talk much yourself.  My parents always slapped
> me with "you can't hear while you're talking" when I was growing up,
> so they'd be pleased to say "I told you so" about now.)
>
> In addition, the people that I could identify as being the ones
> generating the noise are not new people who don't understand how this
> works.  I saw people who have been around for years and years, who
> have held offices and know how hard it is to get up there and conduct
> their business while the populace (effectively) ignores them and talks
> among themselves.
>
> So, the first part of my question for the list is:
>
> Do we have a problem with too much conversation amongst the populace
> during the "business" portion of the populace meeting?
>
> And, if you answer "yes", then the second part is:
>
> What do we do about the people who are talking during the "business"
> portion of the populace meeting?
>
> I'm not saying we start grabbing people by the collar and physically
> throwing them out of the meeting.  We may want to agree, as a
> populace, to have some sort of sergeant-at-arms that goes around and
> quietly "suggest" that people take their private conversations outside
> of the meeting area.  (Or I can get one of those inflatable mallets
> with a squeaky-sound inside of it and smack people on the head to get
> them to shut up.)
>
> Again, if you don't think there's a problem here, don't hesitate to
> tell me so.  I fully admit to being in the "grumpy old man" mode, and
> it may be that I'm going to just have to start wearing some sort of
> directional headset so I can hear better when I'm taking notes.
>
> Care,
> Bubba

Respect your creation, love me and be then healed.