[Namron] Populace Meeting

Epperson, Sheryl eppersos at oge.com
Fri Jan 23 08:06:59 PST 2009

I have a couple of problems with the idea of buying a speaker system.

First, most of us are adults.  If kindergarten kids can be taught to be
quiet during a school assembly, surely we SHOULD be able to be courteous
enough to be mostly quiet during a meeting.  If people are disruptive,
they should be called to task for it and/or asked to leave the area so
others can hear.  Some friendly chatter is fine, if it's addressing the
meeting, not private talk keeping others from hearing the business at
hand.

Second, I don't think we would have be able to use a speaker system
places like Golden Corral, we would be disturbing other patrons.

Finally, I don't like the idea of the SCA, which is supposed to be
recreating the middle ages and renaisance, using an electronic speaker
system for meetings and court.  Possibly some of the larger courts
(coronations, Steppes Warlord, at Gulf Wars or Pennsic) could benefit
from one if it could be done discretely and subtly, but if people could
learn to project, or have either the official herald or a private
herald(anyone who can and will project their voice, actually) speak or
repeat things for them, AND people would be courteous and quiet, it
shouldn't be needed.

Annabelle