[Namron] Naming The New Medfair Space

Miles Grey Kahn at West-Point.org
Tue Jan 13 17:26:59 PST 2009

Epperson, Sheryl wrote:
> While I'm definitely not Wolfgang, I'll give you my impressions for
> answers.
>
> 1.  I don't think we NEED to choose a new name for the encampment, just
> that this would be a good time to change if we WANT to.  I agree, SCA
> compound is perhaps not the best, but feel SCA should be the main part
> of the name.

"Compound" has too much of a modern feel to it.  I would prefer something
like:
  "SCA Demesne"
  "SCA Lands"
  "Ansteorran Lands/Territory/Demesne"
  "The Royal Ansteorran Embassy"
  "The Stellar Ansteorran Embassy"

The "Embassy" idea derives from the fact that MedFaire has its own King
and Queen.  If we will be conducting Kingdom business, an Embassy would
provide the perfect explanation for us holding court while actually on
lands "belonging" to MedFaire's King and Queen, as well as providing an
excellent reason for our nobility to be present in this "foreign" land.
Just a thought.

  Miles Grey