[Namron] Populace Meeting

Lawrence huntsmanlance at cox.net
Tue Jan 20 21:34:47 PST 2009

Here is my 2 cents and it's probably worth as much! : )

No one wants to be the "hard arse" when it comes to telling people to quiet
down. Everyone is there among friends and of course they want to talk. I
don't think anyone wants to have to raise their voice....especially in a
restaurant where the other customers will over hear it.

It is going to be hard in a place other than the library where everyone was
seated facing their Excellencies but when the meeting is called to order is
people are still talking someone say Attend, if they still keep talking
don't start the meeting. Tell them guys the meeting has started. Whenever
the noise starts again pause the meeting until those responsible are told to
shush. You just have to keep doing this until it is clear to everyone that
the meeting is going to pause until everyone pays attention.

If the meeting has to be called to a halt each time a group starts talking
they will get the hint real soon, and if they don't then an officer is going
to have to say something to them. Most people arent trying to be rude and
are reasonable, they just get caught up in the moment and have to be
reminded.

Another option is for each officer to be given one of those nerf rifles and
they just shoot anyone who is being a pain!!! : )

I know I havent been to a meeting in a long time but I will be attending
soon...i promise! And am fully expecting to be shot several times!!!  hehe

Lance