[Namron] Populace Meeting

Monica Ball mrsjacq at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 10:35:12 PST 2009

Bubba,
 I think there are a couple of issues here. As one of the officers and
occasionally one of the talkers during report I am frustrated and
occasionally guilty.
We have two meetings a month that are treated as business meetings with
officers giving report at both meetings only a few weeks apart. It has been
observed that our having two meetings helps to make us a stronger more close
knit group. In my opinion the cross talk is caused by our members desire to
chat with those they haven't seen in a few weeks, and lack of interest  in
hearing the same news that was presented the previous week. One way of
addressing this issue is to continue having to meetings but have a business
meeting and a social meeting. the social meeting could be opened with the
herald, or B&B recaping the information from the business meeting. Another
option would be to set a specific time limit say  5 minutes (tracked on an
egg timer) for each speaker and having the herald call the meeting to order
when the chatting gets out of hand. These are just my suggestions and there
may be better ideas out there. There is a solvable  problem and you are not
delusional. With constructive  discussion  and collaboration we can  resolve
the problem.
--
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
Monica