[Namron] Populace Meeting

Shalon Reynolds shalon_reynolds at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 16:22:53 PST 2009

I don't know how much they cost, but I do know that many schools are purchasing such equipment for the classrooms to aid in audibility, for both hearing and background noise issues.  I can check into what they are and the pricing options.  I know for sure that the school I currently teach at bought several for the elementary schools this year.

-Adelheid> From: m.p.decker at worldnet.att.net> To: namron at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:48:11 -0600> Subject: Re: [Namron] Populace Meeting> > One thing thay Gwyneth said really cought my eye and that was low voices. > Surly> we now have enough in the treasury to purchase a portable speaker system for> business meetings (and maybe court).> Margarite> > > Bill, thanks for bringing this up, I was one of the guilty ones, seeing> > Terric's brother after a number of years made me forget. As to how to shut> > people up, I tried for years, I came right out and named people who talked> > all the time (Terric) and it did not seem to help. I love the idea of the> > squeaky mallet, it would be funny and yet serve a useful purpose. I think> > part of the trouble is that in a restaurant situation it is hard not to> > visit and chat and disrupt the meeting, so many of our officers have quiet> > voices and are hard to hear even if you are sitting close by. You may have> > opened up a bigger can of worms than you originally thought. Lets all try> > and have good manner, they are the oil that greases the machinery of our> > Society and society in general. We can do this, we do not need to act like> > unruly children. Well, there is my dollars worth - Gwyneth> > discussion removed > > _______________________________________________> Namron mailing list> Namron at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/namron-ansteorra.org