[Namron] The Quest continues at xXx!

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovvek pookyloves at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:57:32 PDT 2009

[Missive delivered by half-dead Carrier Seagull]

Unto Lord High Admiral Robert Hadddock, ARN, Retired,

Many expressions of the moon ago my lookout spotted your ship the HMS
Esmerelda raise Her colors to gain the awareness of our spyglass.

I humbly ask your forgiveness for not following protocol and common
courtesy, as I chose not to return your hail, in hopes I would go
unnoticed. It was my intent and mission to respect and establish an
alliance with the Dread Pyrate Lord of Northern Ansteorra, Duncan
Macnamara Cap'n of the Iron Lotus.

My goal was to establish beneficial relations with the Dread Pyrate so
that we could together seek Namron's lost relic. His involvement in
this great misfortune was never in question. I myself first served in
the Ansteorran Royal Navy upon the then HMS Iron Lotus as Her
Plenipotentiary Drummer and under His command. I regard His Honor and
Sense of Righteousness even to this day as beyond reproach. I do
consider myself a harmonic bell-weather when discerning such matters
of character. I know Him and also know His reasons to go rogue, for
there is more then one river leading to an Ocean of Dreams.

I was fortunate enough to meet with the Dread Pyrate in the Secret Sea
of Eastern Ansteorra at the Secret Port of Bacone, just before that
Evil Black Storm that lingers ever watchful on my horizon overtook
both of our crafts. My ship, The Guardian of Innocents came through
scathed with a severed main mast and destroyed rudder. His ship, the
Iron Lotus, the fastest ship ever to sail Ansteorran waters, was last
seen listing port and Her launches were being cast. I am grateful and
remorseful in regard that the Iron Lotus might be lost. I feared the
Hell's Cauldran might have boiled the sea under your beloved HMS
Esmerelda!

Two calendars ago that Blackened Belly of Night Sky took hold of the
Iron Lotus and cast me from its deck to rot my baking flesh on Mother
Sea. This time I escaped merely with the taste of its ichor on my
tongue and the rancidity of death in my nose.

We have none of if any Iron Lotus' survivors nor could attempt be made
to search the waters. The Storm was blacker then night and it hunts
with a willpower all too unholy. The Pit in the Sky nearly took down
this ship as well. I know not of the crews fate...

I have cast this bird to the wind to tell you that our plan is to make
for the xXxth year Anniversary of this Great Kingdom and make achor.
It is the wisdom of a pyrate that says if Namron's Relic is to be seen
that would be the place it would be up for barter.

At best ore my beloved HMS Guardian of Innocents can make anchor there
no earlier then this Friday.

I should be cast in my finery for the beginning of our Beloved King
and Queen's Court Saturday night.

"I look forward to seeing all who love me there that evening at court."

Lord High Admiral Robert Hadddock I hope this missive reaches You and
that we stand on dry land together at xXxth!

Ride the seas Well,
Admiral Pooky Pan