[Namron] Medieval Fair Workshops

Shell Atwood shell.atwood at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:46:04 PST 2009

We are pleased to announce the first of our Medieval Fair Persona &
Character Development Workshops beginning at 10 am Saturday March 7 at the
OCCE Forum Building, 1700 Asp Ave in Norman (that is just south of the OU
Dormitory Tower complex). Plenty of free up close parking is available and
we shall meet in front of the vending lounge on the main concourse.

In addition to Vincenti, Robert of the Fair, Wolfgang and Melina teaching
some of the basics of Improv and how to be more comfortable being "in
character" with our patrons whilst at Fair or any other demo, Lady Adena
will be on hand to teach some of the basic Court Dances we can perform
throughout the Fair.  Because the weather is supposed to be nice, we will
move outdoors to one of the grassy areas adjacent to the building.

Our workshop will be concurrent with the OU Medieval Experience Lecture
Series; so feel free to wander in to any lectures that peak your interest.

And we will be putting together a couple very special surprises to help
advertise the Medieval Fair to the folks attending the Lecture Series.
Because of this, we ask that you wear comfortable garb.  Hopefully without
tipping our hand, does anyone have any short wooden swords or daggers
("wasters")-if so please bring them with you.

And now if you do not have enough fun Saturday or cannot make it out on
Saturday, we shall continue our Workshop beginning at 2 pm Sunday at
Namron's Archery Practice, 19300 E. 149th St. in Newalla (Lord Kristen's
land).  Our thrown weapons marshal will be opening the field up at Noon for
those wanting some extra practice before Gulf Wars.  We promise the archers
or Spear Slingers will not use us for targets!

Questions?  Please contact us at medfairteam at mummersguild.com

We look forward to seeing you Saturday and having a most enjoyable outing.

Your Medieval Fair Task Force