[Namron] Demo, Heavy and light fighting, A&S opportunity

Sæmundr inn skærr saemundrthepure at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 06:41:43 PST 2009

Greetings unto the people of the North Central.  The Baronies of Wiesenfeuer
and Namron, as well as, the Canton of Skorragarðr have been kindly asked to
participate in the Celtic Celebration Fair at the Golden Goose Event Center,
2301 North Douglas, Midwest City, Oklahoma, March 28th and 29th.  You might
be tempted to ask, "But I am not Celtic, does that exclude me?" NO,
fortunately for us they intend it to be a bit eclectic and while they would
like to stay close to the target, it does not exclude you.

Yes, I know it is a week after Gulf Wars and YES I know it is a week before
Medieval Fair in Namron.  However, it is a terrific opportunity to show the
community of Midwest City and surrounding areas what the SCA is all about.
Possibly even gain some new members.

Given that it is between Gulf Wars and Medieval Faire I wanted to keep our
commitment to a minimum and yet I wanted to display our best for those
patrons that attend. My plan is to show up at opening that day and stay a
minimum of 5 or 6 hours.  If we are having fun and folks want to stay
longer, even better.  We are encouraged to display our heavy fighting,
rapier, arts and sciences crafts, history, or whatever else we can get out
there.

"What do you want from me?"  I am so glad you asked.  I need to know who
would be available during that time to fight (either heavy or light), I need
to know if anyone has some of our artistic crafts to display.  I need
pictures (from events or otherwise) that do a good job of displaying the SCA
and our history.  I also need to know who would be available to come out in
garb and explain to people what we do.
Please contact me at jimcouch at gmail.com or 405-412-9461 if you like to
participate or have further questions/ideas.

Lord Lorenzo Martin de Skorragarðr
Minister of Arts & Science