[Namron] Last Reminder: This WEEKEND - Demo, Heavy and light fighting, A&S opportunity

Sæmundr inn skærr saemundrthepure at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 04:01:35 PDT 2009

UPDATE:  With the possibility of weather coming in, keep The Celtic
Celebration Fair on your list of things to do.  The event is indoor, you can
work on your project with friends, practicing some heavy or light sparring,
and meet people you might not other wise meet.  Obviously, if the weather
gets too bad.. I will send out a message of cancellation be since the event
is indoors.. we'll be watching out the windows to see.

Greetings unto the people of the North Central.  The Baronies of Wiesenfeuer
and Namron, as well as, the Canton of Skorragarðr have been kindly asked to
participate in the Celtic Celebration Fair 10:00am - 7:00pm at the Golden
Goose Event Center, 2301 North Douglas, Midwest City, Oklahoma, March 28th
(The event is also the 29th but we are only committed to the 28th).  You do
NOT have to be Celtic to participate, although Celtic is encouraged (my
Icelandic persona will be there, for example).

 The event will be held in an indoors facility and should be accessible to
all.  We will have a pretty large space to work from so all are encouraged
to attend and display what the SCA is all about.  Several Heavy and Light
Fighters have contacted me about fighting, more would be better.  Quite a
number of our artisans have shown an interest in displaying their talents.
Others have stated a desire to hang out and talk to people.

Things that are still needed:

> --I would ask that those of you that are working on projects or upcoming
> events come and work on it at the Festival so that passers by can see what
> it is that we do.
>
> -I would ask that all Heavy and Light fighters show up for an opportunity
> to practice fighting.

This will be a terrific time to put the finishing touches on things that
need to be completed for Med Faire, Wiesenfeurer Baronial, Beltane, and the
other events that are coming up.  Nine hours is quite a bit of time to fill
and my fear is that we will have a large space and nothing to fill it with.
My hope is that we will make a great showing and hopefully add some great
people to our three organizations.  Hospitalers should contact me if there
is something specific that you would like handed out or done at the demo.

Come out and enjoy fun and friendships, and lets make the name Ansteorra
shine with pride!

Please contact me at jimcouch at gmail.com

Señor Lorenzo Martin Jiménez de Skorragarðr
Minister of Arts & Science

--
Are you looking for Jim or Sæmundr?  Find them both at:
http://sites.google.com/site/saemundrofnamron/