[Namron] Lock on the Privy

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovvek pookyloves at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 22:10:18 PDT 2009

2009/3/25 Lawrence <huntsmanlance at cox.net>:
> whats a privy?  says the man who pee's in the woods  : )

privy  (adj.)

"private," c.1225, from O.Fr. privé, from L. privatus (see private).
Meaning "participating in a secret" (usually with to) is attested from
1390. The noun meaning "toilet" is c.1225, from O.Fr. privé, from the
adj. Privy Council is from c.1300 in a general sense; specifically of
the British government, first attested 1375, as consaile priue.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper
Cite This Source

Main Entry: privy
Pronunciation: 'pri-vE
Function: noun

Respect your creation, love me and be then healed. A grand plan done
in a simple way.
-- Pookspeare

"I shall pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I
can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do
it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way
again!"  -- Master Jerry Lewis