[Namron] Populace Meeting Notes, 06 May 09

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Fri May 8 07:59:09 PDT 2009

Any errors or mistakes are my own.  If you want to post a correction,
please include me in your reply so that I can update the copy I keep
for my office.

Bubba
Deputy Seneschal

===
Populace Meeting - 5/6/09
Norman Public Library

Starts at 7:39pm.

B&B – Beltane is almost here.  (yay!)

Beltane Autocrat – Hi, things are going well, still looking for people
to help with setup, transport from Phred to Dakani, etc.  Loading
11:30am Friday.  If you need something in the site handout, let me
know.  Wiesenfeuer is loaning boffer gear, so we’ll have a class and
tourney.  Liliana from Mooneschadowe is doing children’s activity, and
she said they’ll be busy all day.  The event will be awesome.  We’ve
visited other events and invited them to come.  Gate shifts still has
openings, sign-up sheet passing around.  Need “a ton” of small
pouches.  Need tables, need hula hoops (spang hewing?).  Thanks for
everyone’s help.  Children’s activities:  boffer, Mother’s Day gifts,
flower wreaths (in case of rain), sports in afternoon.

Seneschal – Treasurer, hospitaler, herald jobs open after Beltane.
MoC has one applicant.  Web Minister may be opening soon.  Still need
autocrat and feastocrat for Protectorate, tentatively set for Will
Rogers.

Treasurer - $7,000 in available funds, just wrote a couple of checks.
Job is open, gate sheets coming around.

Herald – people are sending me devices for the Web site, please
continue to do so.  I have a list of people helping me with heraldry
at Beltane.

Chronicler – if you have any changes in your offices, classes,
anything that you’re doing that you want others to know about, send it
to me in email and I’ll put it in the Plume.

Hospitaler – stepping down.

Archery Marshal – archery at Beltane, outgoing champ won’t be able to
make it, but is donating some goods.  Practice starts again next
weekend.  Wiesenfeuer is having practices now, we may do a joint
practice.

TW – no camping in the lower area at Beltane because Archery and TW
will be there.  TW competition on Saturday morning after court, should
run 2 hours.

Rapier – Hi, love you guys, rapier at Beltane, “game” rapier (tavern
brawl, musical chairs, dice games, don’t spill your drink, etc.)
There’s no champion, and you can join in whenever you wish.  Sunday
practice at 89th and Santa Fe in S. Oklahoma city (same as heavy
practice).  Tuesday practices at 7pm at his house, along with scribal
night.  8-15 people showing up for practice.

KM – not here, eloped, Beltane Autocrat said Capture the Flag type
tourney at Beltane, “game” style.

A&S – Hello, lots of activities going on, thanks to everyone for
supporting us, if you do something and you don’t know what to do with
it, we can always give it away as largesse.

A&S at Beltane (Annais) – bring a piece, standard judging forms, group
projects are acceptable, pass down gifts will be there.

Baron – brewing competition at Beltane.

Terric – there will be an on-site spang making contest, bring scraps,
but you have to actually make it there.

Baroness – Skargardr’s seneschal is stepping down.  Treasurer is also
planning to step down.  Still working on event for the fall.  This
will be theirs and Chemin Noir’s, as well as Northkeep’s investiture.

Baron – Coronation the weekend after Beltane, other events include
Steppes Warlord, Castellan, Queen’s Champion.  Carpool to events.

Ivo – Northern Regional Herald is open for applications, accepted through June.

Gwyneth – hat passing to replace Crown dishes.  Dishes to replace the
Crown’s feast gear can be paid for with Baronial funds, but personal
gifts to the outgoing Crown need to be paid for with private funds.

Maleah – Selva passed away last week.  No information about funeral
arrangements.  Ithrael would like to include material about her in the
Plume.

Baron – at Med Faire, Mistress Brigitta showed up.  She had a
replacement Storm that she sent to Their Excellencies.  Ithrael will
make more Storm regalia.

Closed at 8:08pm