[Namron] Baronial Selection Specifics - Dates

Northern Seneschal northern at seneschal.ansteorra.org
Mon Nov 16 08:53:31 PST 2009

Unto the Populace of the Barony of Namron, Greetings!

This missive to your email list is overdue and for that I apologize.
Some details have changed however and I wanted to be sure I could get
you accurate information in print or electronically.

I have a lot to write.  So, in benefit to those of you who don’t want
to read an email version of War and Peace, I am breaking this long
missive into multiple emails each with a subject line describing its
contents.  That way you can read only the items which affect you.

Each of the emails I submit about the baronial selection process has
my permission for your chronicler and web minister to reprint in your
newsletter or post online on a page of your web site.

For this first email, let’s cover dates.

On October 10 in Protectorate Court, His Excellency Donnchadh
announced that he would be stepping down as Baron of Namron at Beltane
on May 1, 2010.

On November 3, this information was published in The Plume and I
attended your populace meeting to explain the process and what would
happen.

On December 3, letters from any members of the populace who wish to be
considered by the Crown to be the next Baron / Baroness of Namron are
due to Their Majesties.  A separate email will detail letter
specifics.

Originally, interviews of candidates were to occur at Wiesenfeuer Yule
Revel on December 5.  That will not happen.  Interviews will be
rescheduled and announced for a later date.

Before Christmas, candidates need to provide a letter, introducing
themselves to the populace, to the baronial chronicler.  These letters
are to be published in the January issue of The Plume.  A separate
email will detail letter specifics.

A polling of the populace of the barony and its canton will occur at
the February populace meeting on Feb. 2, 2010.  A separate email will
detail specifics on the polling.

Their Majesties hope to announce their selection by the end of
February or first of March.  This will allow the incoming B&B about
two months to plan for their investiture on May 1, 2010, at Beltane.

I think that is enough for one email.  In a separate email, I will
shortly detail the requirements for candidacy and the letters.

Seigneur Etienne
Northern Regional Seneschal