[Namron] Grand Assembly of Archers Tavern, August 28

Epperson, Sheryl eppersos at oge.com
Tue Aug 10 09:40:44 PDT 2010

Greetings,

This is to let everyone know that there will be a tavern at GAA.  I have the honor of being allowed to run the tavern for the Baronies of Namron and Wiesenfeuer this year.

Tavern and waterbearing are coordinating their activities this year, so all drinks are free of charge.  Please keep yourselves and your friends hydrated.  Drinks through the day will include water (of course), Gatorade, sekanjabin (Persian mint drink), and kool-aid, with coffee and hot tea available at breakfast.

Meals are $3 each, and currently they are:

For breakfast, we will be serving bacon, sausage, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, muffins.

For lunch, the menu includes Bazmaawurd-a middle-eastern dish of chicken, citrus, and walnuts rolled up in flatbread, fruited chicken pie, pork pie, and Austrian stuffed and fried eggs.

For dinner, the menu includes roast pork, roast beef, carrots sautéed in peppered wine sauce, and blancmange, a slightly sweetened rice dish.

There will be an assortment of biscotti, shortbread, cookies, muffins available throughout the day, and for dessert in the evening we will have a 14Th century version of funnel cakes!

The full menu is posted on the event website, http://gaa.scaevent.org/ .

Annabelle Fitzsimmons
Swan's Inn tavernmistress