[Namron] Greetings From Pennsic - Trimarins

Daniel (Linus) Garbelman doxygen at cox.net
Mon Aug 16 19:39:52 PDT 2010

Greetings good gentles of Namron,

Alas, the war has come and gone. I believe the East was victorious. We,
declaring for Trimaris (who was allied with the Middle Kingdom) did well at
war. Unlike when we are fighting Trimaris, it was a close war.

Declaring for the heathen Trimarins was an interesting twist. Our great king
is truly an exceptional strategist. I dared not question his agenda for he
must know things far above my station. I expected Trimarins to be crude,
unkempt, and uncivilized. They were nothing of the sort.

When I entered their camp for Gulf War reconnaissance, they were . . .
welcoming and polite. They offered refreshing drink. from a drinking vessel!
I observed them telling stories and gently caring for children, not eating
them. Their camp was, dare I say, almost sophisticated? Not an Ansteorran
camp by any means, but it was nice. They had a warm fire and running water,
ate from fine plates with utensils. Some of their clothing was nice, even by
Ansteorran standards. Their artwork was refined and skilled, far removed
from the scratchings on cave walls I had expected. They busied themselves
with weaving and tooling leather. I even saw one reading.

When I briefly used their list-side pavilion to remove some personal armor
after a bad ballistae ricochet, they asked if all was well and offered me a
"Gatorade". (I can only assume this sweet refreshing drink is a soothsayer's
derivative of the gangly reptiles that infest their dank and humid lands.)
Their field tactics were acceptable, but look at who teaches them each
spring.

I met some merchants from Trimaris. I thought to myself, "Ah, now to see the
greedier side of Trimarins." Alas, I came away with some goods, fine goods.
They even gave me a bundled discount. Hmmm, these were not the hardened
traders I had expected.

I once thought that mine own wonderful Baron and Baroness were the
exceptions from Trimaris, migrating to a land of folk more their equals.
Alas, I found many learned and friendly people amongst them. In the words of
our own majesty, "That's what make them so fun to war with."

My conclusion: Trimarins could possibly be the finest people I may ever have
the privilege of slaying.

In humble service to our great Ansteorra,
Lord Linus LeChance