[Namron] Norman Mardi Gras Parade

Jacqueline Reynolds jacqueline.reynolds.namron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 14:26:13 PST 2010

Greetings,

This Saturday Feb. 13, the City of Norman will be having a Mardi Gras
parade.

If you would like to march, all you need to do is wear garb and meet
us in Norman on Saturday. The parade will kick off at 6:45 p.m. from
the Santa Fe Depot on Main St. in Norman’s Historic Downtown Arts
District. The theme of the parade is  "“All You Need Is Love"”.

We will be a "walking unit" like we were at last years parade.  The
weather is supposed to be in the mid 40's for the high, so dress warm
if you plan to attend.  In addition, there will be free parking at the
city lot on the south side of Gray Street between Peters and Crawford
avenues, a half block from the route.

I have also asked Cat to post this information to the Weisenfeuer
list, in case any members of their Populace would like to join us at
the parade.

This will be a good opportunity to do some recruitment and for the SCA
to get some positive exposure.  If you are interested in attending,
please shoot me an e-mail @ jacqueline.reynolds.namron at gmail.com or
let me know via the list.

Is anyone out there interested in taking on the responsibility of
obtaining Mardi Gras beads for us to throw at the crowd?  If so,
please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

YIS,
Lady Jacqueline