[Namron] The Play's the Thing to Read for February

Antigonus Bearbait bardsatlarge at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 23:08:45 PST 2010

Greetings
all!

Tiggy,
here.

Again,
the Bunch of Us Readers are getting together for our monthly play
reading.  And, again, I beg your indulgence for the shortness of this
missive.

And,
being the month of February, we are celebrating Valentines Day.  And
how better, but with a love story?

We
will be reading *MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING* on Saturday 20 February 2010
at 6:00pm.  Yes, that is this weekend.  As usual, we will be meeting
at Tadhg & Meruaud's house in Norman at 1840 Burnt Oak.

The
theme this month is, of course, love!  And, in observance, our
potluck will reflect that theme.  So, with an emphasis on
strawberries and chocolate, we are looking for foods with the colors
of red and white.  Also, in deference to the Bard's advise, "If
music be the food of love, play on!" subtleties are encouraged
in the shape of musical instruments.

This
should be a lot of fun.  If you have not had a chance to visit one of
our readings, please do not be shy.  We are very laid back, no garb
is required.  You really are missing a great time, if you haven't had
a chance to come just yet.  We are genuinely enjoying the chance to
get to know The Bard (again).  Feel free to BYOB (Bring your own
Bard), if you can.  Actually, if you have a spare one to share, it
would be very nice.  It does not matter if you have any “experience”
with Shakespeare or not – and, no, you don't have to read if you
don't want to.  It is perfectly fine to be promoted to simply come to
listen & enjoy.  After all, all plays need an audience.

If
you cannot make it, and would like to keep abreast of our calendar &
get-togethers, check out our Yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bunchofusreaders. There you will also find a rather low-trafficked email list we use
to keep in contact.  In order to keep spam down, everyone does have
to be approved for membership.

That
said, I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Go
well, be well, & stay well -

Tiggy