[Namron] Populace Meeting notes, 05 Jan 10

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 12:10:52 PST 2010

Any errors or mistakes are my own.  If you want to post a correction,
please include me in your reply so that I can update the copy I keep
for my office.

Bubba
Deputy Seneschal

===

Populace Meeting - 1/5/10
Norman Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Norman

Starts at 7:50pm.

The Baron opened a formal Court on behalf of Their Majesties, and
awarded Mistress Gwyneth of Ramsey Mere a Sable Thistle of Ansteorra
for her efforts in Needlework.  The scroll was dated the night of
Wiesenfeuer Yule Revel.

Baron – as many of you have heard by now, the Baronial trailer and its
contents were stolen from my home.  My insurance will reimburse us for
the loss.  I will call upon the artisans of the Barony and the
surrounding area to recreate the regalia that we lost.

One of the items to be replaced is the Baronial “flat top” hat that
matched the one I’m wearing now.  Since it’s better to make both hats
at once (so they match each other), I’d like the Barony to pay for one
of the new “flat top” hats and the insurance will cover the other.  I
estimate the cost at $400.  (The Barony discussed this expenditure,
and there were no objections noted.)  The current hat will be returned
to the Barony.  I’d also like to replace the stolen pavilion with a
larger one… the price difference between the larger one and the
insurance reimbursement will be about $400.  (The Barony discussed,
and there were no objections noted.)

The Baron called up the two sets of Baronial candidates (Barat and
Jacqueline, Orlando and Caterina), and thanked the populace for how
calm the process has been.  Their Majesties have received much
commentary on the candidates, and stated that it had all been positive
in nature.

Polling will be held at the next Populace meeting (Norman, 2/2/10).
*Anyone* can fill out a poll, but distinctions will be made for
residents of Namron and Skorragardr versus non-residents as well as
SCA members versus non-members.  Children may also fill out the poll
as long as they can do it by themselves (you can’t show them how-to).
Please bring proof of membership if you want to fill out the poll as a
member, but membership is *not* required to do the polling.  Any
questions about the polling process itself, please contact the
Northern Regional Seneschal.

Seneschal – we received one application each for Knight Marshal and
Rapier Marshal, so unless I get another one before the end of this
meeting we’ll have Lord Jacques de Saint Amour as our new Rapier
Marshal and Lord Alexander (Alexander Bailey?) from Wiesenfeuer as our
new Knight Marshal.  The Chronicler’s office received no applications,
and remains open for anyone who is interested.

Treasurer – we have $8,337 in the baronial bank account.

Chronicler – everything is okay, more submissions needed.

Rapier Marshal (outgoing) – Northern Regional practice on Sunday,
1/24/10 at Camp Dakani.

Knight Marshal – no practice in December due to weather.  Baronial
practice is officially moved from Sundays to Wednesday nights.
Northern Regional practice on 1/24/10 at Camp Dakani.

Hospitaler – I have a new email address (gmail.com).

Thrown Weapons Marshal – no practice in December due to weather and
the holidays.  Practice is the first and third Sundays of the month.
Discussion about creating arrows for combat archery.

Med Faire coordinator – work night Wednesday, 1/6/10.  Meet at the
shed at 6pm, or at Norman High School at 6:30pm.  Main goal is to pull
the tents and check them for damage.

Red Tape autocrat – see Namron Web site for all of the information.

Barat – brewing for Gulf Wars at my house, Saturday, 1/16/10.  We’ll
also work on the poles for the new pavilion.

Beltane autocrat – Camp Dakani, April 30th-May 2nd.  Organizational
meeting on Sunday, 1/17/10, 7pm.  Baronial champions to be decided are
Bardic, A&S, Thrown Weapons, Archery and Brewing.

Baron – I want to have a Storm meeting.  Monday, 1/18/10, 7pm at my home.

Marguerite – my 70th birthday party will be held on Friday, 2/5/10,
from 7pm to whenever at Barat and Jacqueline’s home in Moore.

Ended at 8:48pm