[Namron] The Play's the Thing to Read: The Bunch of Us in January

Antigonus Bearbait bardsatlarge at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 13:00:19 PST 2010

Greetings,
All!

Tiggy
here.

I am
sorry for the short notice of this missive, but the Holidays have
cried havoc and let loose the Dogs of War upon my schedule – and I
am still recovering.  This is what happens when you are having to
pack & move over the Holidays.  In all honesty, I think I am not
the only one grateful for the breathing room that the ice provided
for our White Christmas.

But, I
just wanted to let everyone know that the Bunch of Us are getting
together again this weekend on Sunday 24 January around 5:00pm.
Incidentally, this month marks our 1-year anniversary!  So, Happy
Birthday, and I hope you are all having as much fun as I am with this
thing!

This
month's selection is one of the history plays: RICHARD III – that
touching story of the ties that bind a family together, set against
the background of the  Equine Revolution & giving rise to the
memorable line, “A horse!  A horse!  My kingdom for a horse!”.

Originally
we were going to be doing this in December, before the Holidays
devoured everyone's schedule – which was going to be observing the
Greek Orthodox Lenten vegetarian diet.  Even though that season is
over, I was interested in seeing what kinds of dishes we were gonna
come up with, so we are keeping that particular theme for our
potluck.

As
always, this is all very casual, laid back, & relaxed. No garb
required. If you have not had a chance to make it to
one of our
readings, you really are missing out on a great time. It is a chance
to get to know The Bard (again). So, come on down, remember to BYOB
(Bring Your Own Bard) if you can. Even better, bring an extra if you
have one to spare - I usually have a few extra, but it is always nice
to have more available.  Most of all, come to have a good time with
food, fun, & friends

We are
meeting at our customary place, Tadhg & Meruaud's at 1840 Burnt
Oak in Norman.

If you
would be interested, we do have a yahoo group set up called The Bunch
of Us Readers [the link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bunchofusreaders]. There is a small & relatively low-traffic email list
there,
if you would like to join up. It serves as a calendar & way for
us to keep in contact - so, even if you can't make it this month, you
can still communicate & contribute. In order to keep spam down, I
do require membership to view & post messages.

I look
forward to seeing you there!

Go well,
be well, and stay well -