[Namron] Brewing & Tent Poles

JOHN variglog at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 14 11:56:41 PST 2010

On the last set of poles I built, I used an "all in one" stain and
waterproofing that worked quite well.  Just be sure to sand the poles to 150
so they are fairly smooth (but not "furniture smooth") and that will keep
them happy and looking good even after being dragged around to several
events.

Also I have a "jigging sleeve," long bit and doweling jig to bore the 2"
deep pin holes on top, but won't be able to make the event Saturday.  In the
meantime, swing by Ace Hardware and pick up lengths of 3/8" aluminum round
stock for the pins.  Cut those bad boys to 4" minimum, longer if you want to
sleeve banner or flags off the pins.

I should be free on Sunday if you want to do that task then.

Wolfgang