[Namron] Saturday Demo at the Santa Fe Place

McCuan John bigjohnbear2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 19:31:42 PDT 2010

Greetings unto the brave that attended and performed for residents, families, and community of Moore and Santa Fe place. I have received 4 – 5 phone calls since I have been home from family members thanking the SCA for coming out and showing their family members a kindness that was above general politeness. I have been asked to pass on unto you, the Rapier fighters for donning your gear in the unforgiving heat and for the demonstration that your skill provided, and for taking the time at teardown to teach the 2 smalls how to pull stakes. Residents have already asked when they will be able to “dance to the drums” and watch the shinnies move. Your time today was not wasted by any stretch; there was over 180 persons that stopped through the course of the day as well as the Moore paper, several members of the Chamber and other nearby business owners that want to talk next week about maybe hiring a few residents for work.
I can only express how moving you’re being there mean to the residents. I myself have been teary eyed several different times tonight since I have been home, some from pain, (lol) but most from your caring and giving hearts. Thank you again from all at Santa Fe place.

Lord Ian MacEwan