[Namron] Drumming re-start

Michael Graff explorer at flame.org
Wed Jun 2 21:05:35 PDT 2010

Now that I have time, and the weather is overly warm but not pushing
loud banging inside the house, I'm re-starting the drumming night.

The current night is marked in The Plume as Wednesday, and on the web as
Thursday.  It's not been actually held in some time no matter which
night is correct.

If you are interested in attending a drumming night (aka Class), please
click on this link, enter any name you like (preferably one you're
actually known as!) and cast your vote for which night(s) you'd like to
attend a drumming class.  The votes work as "yes", "no", "If need be."
After a week or so, or once there is an immediate clear winner, I'll
choose a night and start the night up again.

  http://www.doodle.com/45p7n9mszm4etfsq

If there are not enough people putting their votes in, I will assume
there is no interest.  I hope there is, though!

Some things I hope to do in this sort of class:

  Rhythms, from basic to rather tricky ones.

  Changing rhythms.  Making songs, set pieces, etc.

  Playing with instruments.  Please, let's get some melody going on too!

  Drumming for drummers.  Drum circle etiquette.

  Drumming for dancers.

I will focus entirely on middle eastern drumming.  If you have a dumbek,
bring it along.  If you have another type of drum or instrument, you're
welcome to come play too but the focus will initially be on dumbek playing.

--Michael