[Namron] Populace Meeting notes, 01 Jun 10

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 17:18:56 PDT 2010

Any errors or mistakes are my own.  If you want to post a correction,
please include me in your reply so that I can update the copy I keep
for my office.

Bubba
Deputy Seneschal

===

Populace Meeting - 6/1/10
Norman Unitarian Universalist Fellowship

Starts at 7:36pm.

Baroness – His Excellency is in Pensacola, Florida on mundane
business.  Thank you to everyone that helped out at Garb and Grub.  We
had a good time at Steppes Warlord.

Seneschal – (Adelheid for Jacqueline) Seneschal’s office open for
applications until July 6th.  We had two applications for Chronicler,
and we are awaiting a decision by the Northern Regional Chronicler.
Autocrat applications for Axeman 2010 and Beltane 2011 are being
accepted.  Lord Alexander and Lady Alicia will be our Protectorate
Autocrats for 2010…the potential site is Camp Dakani.

Treasurer - $1,800 profit on Beltane, primarily because Camp Fire let
us use the site for free after we helped with a work day earlier in
the year.

Herald – If you need help with a heraldic submission, see me.

Chronicler – (Muriel for Ithrael)  No new business.

A&S Minister – it’s been two years for me, so I’m opening my office
for applications.  Master Tadhg’s Open A&S nights are going well.

Rapier Marshal – we had a good month, both in attendance at the
practices and in our participation at events.  Practices are being
held on Tuesday evenings at HL Danielle’s house in Oklahoma City.  I’m
interested in doing additional practices on non-event Saturdays.

Knights’ Marshal – we had to cancel some of our practices due to
weather.  Practices are Wednesday evenings starting at 7:30pm at
Sellers Rec Center.  We’d also like to do some non-event Saturday
practices.

(The knights’ marshal for Wiesenfeuer was there, and the two knights’
marshals communicated in a non-verbal and possibly psychic language.)
The Baron suggested that we have Garb and Grub in June as a regional
practice.  We’ll send notes out to the other groups and invite them.

Hospitaler – We have an opportunity to help at SoonerCon next weekend.
 I’d like to see some people in garb, especially fighters in armor.
We may be able to develop this into a demo opportunity in the future.

Archery Marshal – we’re having fun!

Thrown Weapons Marshal – practice on first and third Sundays of the month.

Web Minister – (Gesele for Lineas) no problems.

Crown Tourney Autocrat – organization meeting on Monday, June 7th, 7pm
at the Baron and Baroness’ house.  We’ve ordered tokens for the event.
 Need help with the sideboard for lunch (no feast).  Remember that
there is now a $5 non-member surcharge.

Protectorate Autocrats – planning is underway, we will have a
torchlight tourney, waiting for schedule…it will be published on the
Web site.  Lady Alicia passed around a draft of the event flyer.

Gwyneth – this month’s A&S night will be held at Donnchadh’s house,
Monday night, June 14th, starting at 7pm.  I will be teaching appliqué
and banner-making.

Kylie – There is a work day at Camp Cimarron this Saturday, June 5th.

Maleah – my son Adam has been deployed back to Iraq.  I’ll be
collecting for care packages for his unit starting at the July
populace meeting.  I’ll post a list of items that can be included on
the mailing list.

Tadhg – I’m going to continue to host Open A&S Nights every Monday
night at the Hidden Castle in Norman, starting at 6:30pm.  We will
have them on Baronial A&S nights, too…people can have two distinct
choices of where to go.

Meeting ended at 7:59pm.