[Namron] Question about Calligraphy

Deborah Larson amberglyph at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 14:48:41 PDT 2010

Try painting on the paper before you try anything else.  Most Canson drawing paper doesn't handle water well and it gets all wavy.  If the paper you have is sturdy enough for paint, try doing calligraphy on it.  A medium tooth refers to how rough the paper is and how much it grabs pastels or colored pencils.  Too much tooth makes calligraphy hard, it causes the nib to catch and spatter.  I usually use hot press water color paper for scrolls, however Strathmore bristol paper in the plate finish works very well too.

HL Oriana Corbizzi
Wiesenfeuer