[Namron] Give the North a Name!

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovtsevich pookyloves at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 08:05:28 PDT 2010

Hello Northinians this is Your Pooky,

I was blessed by the opportunity to go to (and return from) Pennsic
this year. I spoke to many people from far away lands. Where I was
from entered the conversation quite often. I would tell them "from
where The Sable Star reigns supreme, Ansteorra!"

They would respond "Ah! Texas."

sigh... }; ^ /

There is NOTHING wrong with being from other regions of Ansteorra;
nothin' bad about it.

But as We up here know; The North is the Heart of Ansteorra. The Heart
that powers Our Will to embody Chivalry and Nobility! The Heart that
surges Our talents into the Education of Artistry!! The Heart that
desires to serve others with Compassion and Honor!!!

The Heart that beats with the Passion to ~Dream~

We are the Life's Blood of Ansteorra and the mechanism by which the
true measure of Ansteorra flows. I am not telling you anything you
don't already know. So, why are people from other lands un-aware? Why
is it the most obvious fact concerning Ansteorra, is not the first
thing thought of when they think of our Kingdom?

Who amongst you will purposefully represent what is best in this Society?
What can We do to give The North a Name in the Known World?
Where will the minds of those We meet for the first and mayhap the
last time go when the word Ansteorra is spoken?
When the Kingdom of Ansteorra is mentioned, the area everyone should
think of first is?
Why should the entirety of The Known World know We are Ansteorra?
How can We represent the ~Spirit of The Dream~ to those from lands beyond?
To what extent will You go to give The North a name?

Blessed be The North in The Heart of The Pooky's Love,

Every moment within the SCA is a precious gift. A precious gift
wherein we might create the memories of every lifetime. Every lifetime
of happiness and joyful memories is The~Dream!
~ Pooky