[Namron] Northern name--ownership question

William Herron fitzbubba at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:25:52 PDT 2010

> How would a name for the northern region be registered as regions are
> not SCA recognized official divisions of a kingdom (as I understand
> them)?
> Furthermore, who (person or entity) have ownership of the name?
> Ivo Blackhawk

How I have seen it done in the past is that the Kingdom registers the
name and device of the region.  The Kingdom holds the registration in
the O&A until the regional group becomes an official entity, and then
the name and device are transferred to the new entity.

I guess you could have any SCA entity own the items...a barony, or
even an individual.

Care,
Bubba