[Namron] officer reports again Re: Namron Digest, Vol 60, Issue 43

Susan Tillery sutillery at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 21 18:11:15 PDT 2011

I had dropped things but let me restate what I see.  Disenfranchisement is, I agree, a poor choice of words, for the SCA is not a democracy but rather some crazy cross between a feudal culture and an anarchy.  I was concerned by the combination of suggestions to cut officers meetings to quarterly and at the same time reduce officer reporting at populous meeting.  These were just suggestions but I wished to weigh in with my opinion.

 I do not see reporting much the same information in two different
venues in a single month to be terribly onerous, but then I have taught
school where you may give essentially the same lecture two or three
times in a day.  The hard part in my eyes would be listening to the same reports by the other officers over again.

Tadhg brings up another point, which I understood to say, that reporting to the populous is a chance to keep the populous aware of, and engaged with, the various fun activities happening in the barony every month.  By all means, if everything is ticking along nicely and nothing has changed say that.  But don't give up your chance to strike up some interest and brag about the things people in the barony are doing.

Those of you who have taken up the jobs of handling the offices know what you want and need to do your jobs well.  I am simply happy that you have taken some of your precious time to handle those jobs that need to be done to keep kingdom and corporate happy so I may simply play for now.

AEla