[Namron] Populace Meeting Notes 8/02/11

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 18:12:54 PDT 2011

If there are any corrections that need to be made, please include me in
the reply so I can keep a corrected copy for my records.

  YIS,

Margherita

Namron Seneschal

Namron Populace Meeting 8/02/11
West Wind Unitarian Universalist Congregation

Meeting began at 7:30pm

*Baronessa: *Why are we not in garb? At our last officers meeting, we
made it optional for everyone to dress up. We discussed that it may be
nice to once a quarter to have a potluck and have everyone to dress up.
Barone Orlando is in El Paso and he hopes to skype in, but tonight he is
in a class and is unable to do so. We have water wars this Saturday, at
Twin Lakes in Shawnee; bring bathing suits, chairs, and side dish. We
will have the trebs out to play in the water. There will be a Storm
meeting Monday August 8^th at 7pm at the Hidden Castle. Laurels Prize
Tourny is closely approaching, and are still needing some volunteers
that Lady Antonia will discuss later.

*Seneschal: *Chronicler position is open; send applications to HE
Caterina, NR Chronicler and myself. We have a new rapier marshal, Lord
Lorenzo; new Hospitaler, Lady Afsenae and new treasurer Lady Kathryn,
which Lady Kathryn will be taking over after Laurels Prize Tourney,
Adena and Kathryn, will work together on the reports. We are now
accepting bids for Beltane; send them in to Their Excellencies and to
myself. We are also looking for someone to be Med Faire Coordinator,
anyone interested send an email to Their Excellencies and myself or talk
with us. We have Inventory day August 13^th at 8am, hopefully it will
take just a few hours so we will not be in the heat that long. Anyone
who has anything that belongs to the Barony you have the chance to bring
it back on this date, so it can be accounted for. Or you can bring a
list of what you have (such as archery target butts) so we can keep
track of it. So come out and help, so we will not be out there that
long. There were not that many officers at the officers meeting, but
here is what they reported: *Treasurer: *I will continue as the
treasurer until after Laurels Prize Tourney, that way we can do the
report together. Kathryn will do Protectorate by herself, with me if she
needs any assistance. End of October will be the 3^rd quarterly report
due. At the end of May we had $6,509.65 as our checking account balance.
*Vincenti: *can you let us know how much is left in each of the
officers' budget? *Adena: *yes I will have the figured and listed before
I step down. *Rapier: *having a lot of weather issues, the practices
have been hot, but we still have a lot of people coming out and getting
new authorizations done. *Archery: *have been keeping the barony safe by
not having practices since it has been over 100 degrees, that's too hot
to risk anyone's health, so as soon as the temperature comes down below
100 we will start up again. *Barone: *is it a possibility that we may be
moving where practice is held? *Vincenti: *yes it is a possibility, but
nothing is confirmed yet, there is still some work to be done, but it is
a good-sized area and plenty of room for the targets and having enough
room for safety. The new location we are looking at is 48^th and
Tecumseh here in Norman. It would be a lot closer and possibly help with
improvement of attendance. *Not Present at Officers Meeting: *Herald,
Chivalric Marshal, Chronicler, Webminister, Hospitaler, A & S Minister,
MOC. *B & B: *Red tape went well and so did the B & B retreat. We
received lots of ideas on helping the barony, one of those ideas was to
have a "hat pass" at the Pop meeting and once we get enough money
raises, we can give away a scholarship for a membership. Another idea
was making it optional for the officers to wear garb at Pop meeting,
with the temperatures and such it may be easier of everyone if we did
not require them to wear garb. But still have Garb and Grub from time to
time, like every quarter. This is Lord Jacq's last officer's meeting as
a local officer; he has accepted the position of Northern Regional
Rapier Marshal. Lady Kathryn is our newest officer as the Treasurer. We
are still waiting to hear about the Hospitaler, but we had two
applicants. We have Laurel's Prize Tourney coming up, also Water Wars,
Protectorate and also Northern Regional Fighter Practices. I feel that
every officer has a responsibility to be Hospitaler-to talk up the
SCA-and everything that we do. Our Barony is doing well, I am very proud
of everyone. Other baronies have trouble getting anything done in their
baronies. Keep up the good work. That is the end of officer reports from
previous meeting, but I will talk about the Region Reorganization after
everyone else has spoke. We will also be having the Protectorate
Planning meeting following Pop tonight.

*Herald: *Have been working on the office, I am hoping to have 3
submissions this week to send in.

*Rapier Marshal: *We are back in Sellers Center at 7pm on Tuesdays, so
we are indoors again. We have been averaging 10-12 people at the
practices. I have two new deputies Katie and Taylor and they hold an
unofficial practice on Fridays around 6-7 pm at their house. There is a
facebook list called "Salle de Storm" where any information about the
unofficial practice is.

*Chivalric Marshal: *not present

*Chronicler: *not present

*Webminister: *not present

*A & S Minister: *not present

*MOC: *not present

*Lady Antonia: *We still need some volunteers for Laurel's Prize
Tourney. We need a parking attendant, the parking is residential and
there is a church across the street that we can use, but it would be
helpful if I had someone who was willing to direct people to where they
can park, we will have some signs. I also need someone who is willing to
be nastycrat. We have 2 single bathrooms at this venue. So I will need
someone who can police the bathrooms and keep them stocked with paper
towels and toilet paper. We will be having set up at 7am on Saturday
morning, so if anyone is available that will be great. We will be
putting the Baronial tent up outside because a couple of the
participants need outside. We have a new sideboard coordinator and it is
HL Matthias. He will be coordinating our sideboard, so contact him with
what you would like to donate.

*Seneschal: *The Northern Regional Seneschal Maitre Etienne sent out an
email to all the local seneschals asking us to get feedback from our
Populace concerning the regional reorganization that the Kingdom is
discussing at this point. I have listed how the proposed reorganization
is going to be. Please send any feedback that anyone has to either
Maistir Tadhg or myself. If you want to have a voice in this, this is
the way to do it. The Kingdom Seneschal would like all responses by the
15^th of August, so that is why they are having us speak to our Populace
and stress the need to get feedback on how you feel about the
reorganization. Please be courteous with comments as we don't want to
offend anyone.

meeting ended 8 pm