[Namron] Cooks night at open A&S

Epperson, Sheryl eppersos at oge.com
Tue Aug 23 05:40:46 PDT 2011

Well, last nights' cooking samples seemed to go over well, so the cooks are going to try it again next week.

This time, we'll be trying recipes from Forme of Cury, a 14th century English cookbook.  Some of the recipes are:

Crispels, round pastires basted in honey.
Frytour of pasternakes, of skirwittes, & of apples, batter-fried carrots, parsnips, and apples.
Spynoches yfryed, fried spinach
Fruments, wheat cooked in milk and broth
Rysshews of fruyt, spiced, ground fruit, rolled into balls and fried
Tartes of flessh, meat pies of various types.
Anyone interested in joining us, feel free to come by and sample and give us your opinions on the dishes.  We need feedback to determine if something is suitable for feast, tavern, whatever.  If you're interested in cooking, either contact me and I'll send you copies of the recipes, or feel free to look some up yourself!

Annabelle