[Namron] The Ansteorran Wiki

Adalia adalia.nyx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:32:30 PST 2011

__Wiki Questionnaire__
* What is your full SCA Name? Adela VonDemBerg
* Have you used other names in the Society? Yes, most people call me Adalia.
* Is your current or prior name registered? Yes, my name is registered.
* Do you have a registered device and/or badge? Yes, my device is
registered (Or, on a pale sable a decrescent Or and overall a bordure gules)
* What time period and country is your current persona from? 1151, Gournay
- about 80 km north west of Paris
* Do you have a persona history/story? I was born in Germany in 1112, when
my (now) husband was returning from the second crusade in 1149, his army
was driven north from their path by a brutal storm.  They passed through my
village and were forced to stay for a while until the storms passed.  We
met and I decided to return to Gournay with him.  My German name is Adela,
but the French call me Adalia.

* When did you join the SCA? wow...1990-
* What regional/local group are you _currently_ a member of? Northkeep
* What regional/local/Kingdom groups have you been a member of in the past?
only Northkeep
* Are you affiliated with any households or individuals (Ie: Married to,
squired to, member of house, etc)Married to Ld Geoffrey de Gournay,
Apprenticed to Count Sir Finn Kelley O'Donnell

* What offices have you held? Deputy MOC, Baronial Chronicler, Baronial
Herald
* What singular honors have you won? (Competitions, special projects of
benefit to the group/kingdom,)  Titled Bard of Northkeep, Titled Bard of
Namron (x2), Titled Bard of Eldern Hills, Wiesenfeuer Table Decorations,
Wiesenfeuer Subtlety Competition

* What are your interests in the SCA? Do you have photographs of your work
you'd like to include? Fibre Arts, specifically sewing, braiding, kumihimo,
knitting, naalbinding, cross stitch.  Trichinopoly Chainwork (aka Viking
Wire Knitting).   Bardcraft including vocal and instrumental, storytelling,
poetry.  But my absolute favorite is sharing my 'addictions' with others
and watching as they take something new and run with it.  I will have to
dig up some pictures.

* Do you have a favorite photograph of yourself in garb? Do you know the
name of/have contact info for the photographer? Actually, I do have a
favorite.  I will have to get the file to you (it's on my home PC).

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah <
zubeydah at gmail.com> wrote:

> (My apologies to those who also subscribe to the Northkeep and
> Mooneschadowe lists, as this will be a duplicate message for them)
>
> Hi!
>
> Did you know that Ansteorra has a wiki?  (It does! Here it is:
> http://historian.ansteorra.org/wiki )
>
> Did you know that you could be a part of it?  (Here's who already has a
> page: http://historian.ansteorra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category:People
> You can also add information to existing pages!)
>
> Did you know that having a wiki page is as easy as filling out a
> questionnaire and sending it to me?  (See below - please send it to me off
> list: zubeydah at gmail.com)
>
> I'd like to invite y'all to take a look at the wiki. It's still got a lot
> of growing to do, but it can only grow with help from the Ansteorran
> community. If you are interested in becoming an active contributor,
> creating your own wiki account is very easy: Just email Robert Fitzmorgan,
> the Historian:  (Historian at ansteorra.org)
>
> I will also be attending WinterKingdom in Northkeep, and hope to collect
> information there.
>
> In nerdy service,
>
> -zubeydah jamilla al-badawiyyah
>
> PS: Would anyone be willing to forward this to the Adlersruhe and Eldern
> Hills lists?
>
> __Wiki Questionnaire__
> * What is your full SCA Name?
> * Have you used other names in the Society?
> * Is your current or prior name registered?
> * Do you have a registered device and/or badge?
> * What time period and country is your current persona from?
> * Do you have a persona history/story?
>
> * When did you join the SCA?
> * What regional/local group are you _currently_ a member of?
> * What regional/local/Kingdom groups have you been a member of in the
> past?
> * Are you affiliated with any households or individuals (Ie: Married to,
> squired to, member of house, etc)
>
> * What offices have you held?
> * What singular honors have you won? (Competitions, special projects of
> benefit to the group/kingdom,
>
> * What are your interests in the SCA? Do you have photographs of your work
> you'd like to include?
>
> * Do you have a favorite photograph of yourself in garb? Do you know the
> name of/have contact info for the photographer?

HL Adalia VonderBerg

There are two ways to be creative.  One can sing and dance.  OR one can
create an environment where singers and dancers flourish - Warren Bennis