[Namron] Namron Populace Meeting 7/5/11

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 20:54:23 PDT 2011

If there are any corrections that need to be made, please include me in
the reply so I can keep a corrected copy for my records.

  YIS,

Margherita

Namron Seneschal

Namron Populace Meeting 7/5/11
West Wind Unitarian Universalist Congregation

Meeting began at 7:35pm

*B&B *Hello Namron, how is everyone doing? Hope everyone had a good 4^th
of July weekend.Crown is coming up this weekend; we will be unable to
attend as Uncle Sam has something for me to do. We do have a couple of
hopefuls from Namron competing. Laurel's Prize Tournament is coming up
also, August 27^th . We have Water Wars on August 6^th at the Twin Lakes
in Shawnee. Also Round Table on July 16^th , for anyone interested in
how the offices are run or are interested in becoming an officer should
attend. Academy of the Rapier is coming up also, get with Jacq if anyone
is interested in going, it will be at the same time as the Steppes
Artisan. That will be where you have a body of work and bring your
documentation. We are going to try and have the trebuchet out at water
wars. This will be my last Pop meeting for a while, as most of you know
I am being deployed July 28^th to Kuwait. Lord Vincenti will be having a
class on crossbows after Pop meeting tonight.

*Seneschal: *My report was that I have appointed another deputy
seneschal, Lady Antonia, she is going to work with me this summer about
the inventory day. I want to encourage anyone that may have baronial
property to bring it to the inventory day (which will be put on the list
when I have decided a day) so that we can get a correct account on all
of the baronial property. If you are an officer, you may bring me a list
of the current equipment that you may have for your office also. I also
think it will be a good idea to take photographs of all the past down
regalia that we have for our champions.The Treasurer and Hospitaler
offices are open til tonight s Pop meeting, we have received
applications in each of these offices and will post on the list when a
decision has been made. I wanted to mention that the Chronicler position
is now open, anyone that is interested please fill out the application
from the Kingdom website and send it to Their Excellencies, NR
Chronicler and myself. Report from the Chivalric Marshal was about
having 10-12 fighters and a couple of weeks ago having a total of 28.
They are also going to start having a "traveling" practice where the
last practice of the month they will be going to different locations to
practice. Anyone interested in getting a ride or finding out more
information needs to contact Lord Alexander or Master Aethelstan. Lord
Alexander is also working on getting a NRFP scheduled at least once a
month to work in the larger groups. Treasurer report was that her office
was open, nothing new to report. 7 officers were not present at the
officers meeting, then Lord Aonghas spoke about how when he was Kingdom
Deputy MOC that it was always very important to make meetings. Also he
also had attended the 2 cub scout demos and the 1^st one did not have
anyone in charge and he felt that we should have someone to be a contact
or in charge at any of the demos in the future. Baronessa agreed about
the importance of officers needing to make meetings, but she does
understand that this is a volunteer organization and that we would make
sure at the next demo someone was appointed in charge for the demo.

*Chronicler: *not present

**

*Webminister: *not present

*A & S: *not present

*MOC: *not present

*Chivalric Marshal: *not present

*Rapier Marshal: *We are still holding the practices on Tuesday at 7pm
at Earlywine Park next to the YMCA. At our last practice we had 14
fighters, we have a lot of enthusiastic people wanting to learn about
rapier. We are working on drills from books from 16^th century and are
reviewing them each week. We are always in need of loaner equipment. I
am also letting you know that my officer position is now open. I am
stepping down as baronial rapier marshal as I have been chosen for
Northern Regional Rapier Marshal.

*Archery Marshal:*I will be giving a class after Pop tonight over
crossbows, different types etc. It has been hot lately and we have been
unable to hold practice, but I have changed the time to noon to 2pm to
try and miss part of the heat. 2 months ago, we had an archer who made
the rank of Forrester, but he hasn't been at any of the Pop meetings or
archery practice in order to get his tassel. Baron Donnchadh here is
your red tassel for Forrester in the Open Bow Division, which is an
average of 65 or better.

*Hospitaler: *I want to thank you all, it has been my please to serve
you as your Hospitaler. I look forward to working with whomever takes my
place to help them get started in the office and help the barony.

*Baroness Gwenth: *I have some yellow squash here for anyone interested;
it is from my neighbors' garden. I also would like to pass the hat
around for anyone who would like to donate to go towards the dishes for
Their Majesties.

*B & B: *We talked with Kingdom concerning the price of Laurels Prize
Tournament gate fee. They decided to keep the price at $10 but to get
rid of a child price. We want to thank you Chris for doing a great job
as Hospitaler. It appears that we raised $43.50 to go towards the
Majesties plates.

*Mistress Stacia: *want everyone to know that there will be birthday
cake for me next Monday night at the hidden castle and you are all
welcome to come and join me with eating it.

Meeting adjourned at 8pm