[Namron] Namron Officer meeting notes for 6/20/2011

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:28:07 PDT 2011

Here are the Officer Meeting notes from 6/20/2011

If there are any corrections that need to be made please send them to me
so that I can get them taken care of.

Margherita
Namron Seneschal

Namron Officers Meeting notes 6/20/11 7:30 pm:

Seneschal: reading officer reports at Populace meeting is going ok, but
the officers still need to be present at Pop in case we have new people
so we can introduce ourselves and answer any questions they may have or
even old members may have questions or comments for the officers. The
Populace meeting is the opportunity for new people to meet and ask
questions of our officers. We need to remember that we are representing
the Barony. I have appointed another Deputy Seneschal, Lady Antonia,
this summer I plan on having another inventory day, and she is going to
be working with me on that inventory. I would like all the officers to
either bring in their stuff for their office or bring me a list of
everything they have. Also if there are any populace members that have
items that belong to the Barony, they will need to bring them also. I
will put out a notice on the list when I pick a day. I also would like
to take pictures of all the regalia that we have of our champions. I
will be closing the acceptance of applications for the Treasurer and
Hospitaler offices at the July Pop Meeting. We have received
applications in both of these offices. Anyone interested please send an
application to Their Excellencies, the Northern Regional of that office,
and myself by the July Pop meeting. After which a decision will be made.
At the next Populace meeting Lady Alicia will be giving a class on a
simple sideless surcoat and Lord Vincenti will be giving a class on
crossbows.

Chronicler: Not Present

Webminister: Not Present

Hospitaler: Not Present

A & S: Not Present

Treasurer: Not Present

Herald: Not Present

MOC: Not Present

Archery Marshal: The practice time for archery has been changed to
12-2pm on Sundays, this past week Wiesenfeuer practice still kept their
time from 2p-4pm and by 3pm is was 102 degrees, that is the reason I
changed the time. Still working on the project for the Shed for archery
equipment, it is still in drafting stage. Another project that I would
like to do for this summer is to replace tent ropes. I have 2 people who
have volunteered to teach how to make the ropes. I will be sending a
request to the financial committee for the expense which will be $15-$20.

Chivalric Marshal: we have been averaging 10-12 fighters, a couple of
weeks ago we had 28 fighters with almost half of them being Knights,
with 6 royal families present. We will start having a “traveling
practice” on the last Wednesday of the month. What that will consist of
is Master Aethelstan and I will be gathering people and helping to get
them to a practice at a different site each month, with our vehicles.
This month we will be going to Lawton for the practice. So if you need a
ride, get in touch with me before the practice and let me know. This
week we will be having a armoring practice at Camp Dakani to help the
new guys get their armor together. It will be the normal time of
7-7:30pm. I have no deputies at this time, for various reasons with
mundane life. Vincenti and I are working at possibly having a Northern
Regional Fighter Practice at Trosper Park, which is on I-35 and Grand
Boulevard. I want to have a NRFP at least once a month. I am going to
check and see if I can locate a place for a NRFP on July 17.

Rapier Marshal: per Deputy Lorenzo: we are holding practice at Earlywine
Park at 7pm on Tuesdays. We have been having 10+ fighters each night. We
are still in need of some loaner equipment. We have several new people.
Also we have been doing drills out of different books and reviewing them
each week.

Barone: I will be bringing out the trebs to the Wednesday fighter
practice when it is at Sellers Park, to get more people interesting in
using them and allow people to get some practice in also.

Lord Aonghas: I want to tell you that when I was Kingdom Deputy MOC that
it was always very important to make meetings, that as officers we
should be here. Also I was at the Cub Scout demo on Friday and Monday
and I think someone should be appointed to be in charge of the demo. We
felt like no one was in charge.

Baronessa: I agree about the officers, but we need to remember that this
is a volunteer organization and we will work with the officers. I was
the one who contacted about the Cub Scout demo, but I was unable to take
off work, because it was during the week. But at the next demo we will
make sure we have a contact person who is able to attend.

Seneschal: meeting adjourned at 8:05pm