[Namron] [SkorragardrVirtualSkald] Eldern Hills Baronial

Kirsten Pupek dnk_p at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 06:35:17 PDT 2011

Congratulations to Stormy! Thank you for doing such a great job in representing our fair Barony!
YIS to Namron and the Dream,
Baronessa Caterina

To: northkeep at lists.ansteorra.org; namron at lists.ansteorra.org; SkorragardrVirtualSkald at yahoogroups.com; Barony-Eldern_Hills at yahoogroups.com
From: doug.copley at gmail.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 20:37:40 -0500
Subject: [SkorragardrVirtualSkald] Eldern Hills Baronial

      Thank you to Their Excellencies for welcoming us to their lands for this

great event!

I don't know who did everything (so if I fail to mention you please do

not take offense) but I did want to send out a special thank you and

also congratulations.

First, Congratulations to the Youth Archery Champion - Stormy, from the

Barony of Namron, Tribe Household - who bested a field of 15 youth to

win the youth archery championship - this was her first archery tournament!

Also, Congratulations to Griffin Fane the new Eldern Hills Adult Archery

Champion - Griffin shot well throughout the initial rounds and qualified

to make it in to the final pairings. The final pairings were a tourney

style of the top 8 archers and Griffin had to survive through 3 rounds

of sudden death shooting in head to head matches! The sudden death shoot

was two plastic baggies hanging by a cord across 2 pullies so that they

were about 5 feet apart - this became even more of a challenge when the

wind started to move the baggies as they were shooting:-) Each archer

had to shoot their baggie so that the water would drain out and allow

the baggie on the other side to drop to the ground. In the final round

both archers hit their baggie and caused them to start draining both

kept shooting and Griffin hit it again to split it wide open!

Special thanks to ~

* Raven for helping me to run the range and at the same time complete

her training / testing to become an archery marshal.

* Ace and JJ and the Tribe Household for helping with the kids shoot

* Gunnar for bringing archery targets and ropes

* Cian for helping to run the range and help with the kids.

* Water bearers for coming over again and again and again to help keep

us hydrated.

It was an honor and a privilege to serve as the Archery Champion of

Eldern Hills for the past year.

YIS,

Vincenti da Murano

    __._,_.___

	  Reply to sender |

	  Reply to group |
            	Start a New Topic

                Messages in this topic
          (1)

      Recent Activity:

    Visit Your Group

      MARKETPLACE

                        Get great advice about dogs and cats.  Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

  .