[Namron] Populace Meeting notes for June 7th

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 10:09:11 PDT 2011

If there are any corrections that need to be made, please include me in
the reply so I can keep a corrected copy for my records.

Margherita
Namron Seneschal

Namron Populace Meeting

June 7, 2011

Norman Unitarian Universalist Church

Meeting began at 7:40 pm

*Baronessa: *HE Orlando will be gone this week, but then back for 7
weeks before he will be deployed at the end of July.We will be planning
a going away party, be looking to the list for more information. We had
a really good time at Eldern this past weekend, it was HOT, but we had
several members who attended and participated. Stormy represented us and
won the children's archery, Ace, Margherita, Donnchadh, Collette, and
Tigernach all made it to the finals in the adult archery.I would also
like to give out a little word fame for Lady Margherita who took off
work to make sure and get us a site for Laurel's Prize Tourny.She was
able to get the site of the Pansy Garden Club in Ardmore, OK.It will be
held on the last Saturday of August (August 27^th ).Also we have water
wars with the Barony of Wiesenfeuer coming up at Twin Lakes in Shawnee
on August 6^th more information to be on the list.

*Seneschal: *I will be giving the overview of our last officer's
meeting; for myself my report was dealing with new concept of the
seneschal doing the overview and then if any officer wants to give their
own report they can or any new activities in their office. They just
need to speak to me and the herald prior to the meeting. We will
continue to hold monthly officer meetings the 3^rd Monday of each month
at the Hidden Castle.We are accepting bids for Protectorate autocrat and
feastocrat til the end of this meeting. We have gotten 1 of each so far.
I also have copies of the Plume available for anyone who needs one.
*Herald: *has secured several heraldry books from Wolfgang, is working
with getting more submissions in. Also wanted to let people know about a
facebook page called "Salle de Storm Weasels" it is a page to promote
rapier community. *Hospitaler: *we have been having a lot of success
with getting new people interested. I want to let everyone know that I
am stepping down in July and if anyone is interested in my position to
send an application to Their Excellencies, Seneschal and Northern
Regional Hospitaler. I would like to brainstorm with the interested
party to come up with ways to improve this office and to recruit people.
*Treasurer: *need to pay attention to what we are spending. Before you
spend money, you need to email or have in writing to all 3 members of
the financial committee, not just one of us. We need to watch event bids
closer. I will also be stepping down in August, anyone that is
interested send an application to Their Excellencies, Seneschal and the
Northern Regional Treasurer. Also I can work with someone interested in
running gate at LPT. *Rapier Marshal: *increased attendance at practice
each week. We are in need of a couple of gorgets, we are having so many
at practice we don't have enough equipment to go around. Also would like
a canvas bag to put loaner equipment in. Officers not present at meeting
*A & S; Webminister; Chronicler; Knights Marshal; Minister of Children.*
We had a general discussion of LPT and will be having planning meetings
coming up.

*A & S: *It is awesome the amounts of A&S stuff that has been going on.
I need to request from everyone for an idea or a class that you would
like to teach or to see, please email me or call me about anything you
are interested in. I also am in need of another deputy. Anyone
interested please let me know. My contact information is in the Plume
and on the Baronial website.

*Archery Marshal: *Stormy from Tribe won the Children's Archery at
Eldern. This was her 1^st archery tournament.I have to give her props
because she had left before the final round because she will ill, and I
didn't want to disqualify her, so I asked Ace to go get her so she could
shoot in the final round, which she did and was victorious. I also want
to let people know that I will probably be changing the time of our
weekly practice to 12 to 2pm because of the temperatures that we have
been having. I will put it out on the list once I am able to confirm
everything, if you have any questions or comments regarding this change
or anything to do with Archery please contact me as soon as possible.
This week we will stay at the same time, but after that it will change.

*Lady Antonia: *We will be having our first planning meeting for LPT on
Monday June 13^th at 7pm at the Hidden Castle here in Norman. I am
taking all the help offered, whoever wants to be involved please be
there. I never knew that it was not actually a tournament, but it is
where people have their displays available and the Laurels are able to
come out and see their work and discuss with them about it and there is
also a Court where the Laurels are able to give their own largess.
Pre-registration is with Mistress Marguerite. It is on the website at
http://lpt.baronyofnamron.org/. There will be a side board planned,
which HE Maleah has volunteered to organize. Also we are able to have
our baronial tent outside in the garden area, so anyone who wishes to be
outside to sit or relax is able to.

*HE Maleah: *The side board will be pot luck. The Barony is providing
meat. If you could have side dishes that would feed about 10 people that
would be great. I know that Namron has a lot of great cooks; I am hoping
that they will come out for this. Please contact me and let me know what
type of dish you are donating. My contact is on the Namron website and I
am on facebook. If you know my number contact me or let someone like
Their Excellencies, Seneschal or Lady Antonia know, and they can contact
me. Also on the mundane part of our lives, those of you who know my son
Adam will be home June 16^th .

*HE Adena: *anyone that has anything for the gift basket for Lillie's
War please get it to me. I am collecting items. Will need someone
interested in running gate at LPT, I can work with them and get it
organized. I will also be stepping down from my position soon. So anyone
interested contact me.

*Lady Droen: *Also on the mundane part of life. To let everyone know
that there is a Joann's Fabric coming to Norman and there is a job fair
this week (Wednesday and Thursday) if you are looking for a part time
job, come by the fair. You can get a 15% discount if you are an
employee. You must be 18 to apply.

*HE Annabelle: *Friends of Camp Cimarron are having a cleanup day this
weekend. Bodies are needed to help clean up the site. Cabins are open if
you wish to come down Friday night to get up early Saturday before it
gets too hot.There will be other clean up days, and those dates will be
posted to the list.

*Baronessa:*Cub Scout Demo is from 11-1pm this Friday at Ray Trent Park
in Del City. I know that there will be a couple of rapier fighters (Lord
Jacq and Lord Christian) they will feed you if you participate. Anyone
able to go please attend, I am unable to due to work.

Meeting adjourned at 8pm