[Namron] Namron Populace Meeting Notes 3/1/11

Vallie Copley vallie.copley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:13:16 PST 2011

If there are any corrections that need to be made, please include me in
the reply so I can keep a corrected copy for my records.

Margherita
Namron Seneschal

Namron Populace Meeting 3/01/11
Norman Unitarian Universalist Fellowship

Meeting began at 7:45pm

*B & B: *Gulf Wars is less than 2 weeks away, we have 47 people
reregistered to camp with Namron. Lady Afsenae working diligently on the
meal plan. Its $38 for the entire week for lunch/dinner, you can pay
thru pay pal on the website for Gulf Wars at
http://gulfwars.baronyofnamron.org/. We are handing out a flyer with the
details of the Pavilion design competition for Beltane.Every design will
be displayed; it will be a basic motif for the tent, not actual size.
Here is a copy of the Black Star Beltane Ad for next month; Lord Will of
Wolfstar created it. A little over a week ago at Camp Dakani we ended up
with 14 people getting authorized for Siege Weapons, 7 of those being
women. Namron will be taking 2 trebuchets to war. Lady Kylie will be our
Siege Captain.We also have well over 100 rounds of ammo for the weapons.
We will also be having a practice with the siege weapons this Sunday
March 6^th at noon at Reeves Park in Norman meeting at the area where we
will be having the Embassy set up for Med Faire. Come out and see how
they work.

*Seneschal: *We are gearing up for Gulf Wars; we will have several
people in our camp, which is great. If anyone has any tabards please let
us know, so we will have plenty for people going to fight at Gulf Wars.
Waivers and reports need to be in to me early this month because of Gulf
Wars, so get your reports/waivers to me ASAP. There will be a project
day this Saturday the 5^th at HE Donnchadh and HE Kathryn's house to
start around 10 ish and not for sure how long it will go to. The Web
minister Ciara is unable to attend tonight because of school work, but
she asked that any of the officers that are blank on the website to
please send her their boiler plate with the information from their
office to her, she wants to get them all filled in, so the website looks
nice. Also Baroness Gwyneth has given to me tonight this lovely "Key"
for my office. It also has a hidden device (corkscrew). So now the
Seneschal does have the Key for the office.

*Treasurer: *We have money; at the end of January our checking account
balance (after the tents) is around $7,400. So we have money, yea.

*Herald: *I have put in place my Deputy for Blazonry and Badges, which
is Lord Wolfgang. We will be working and learning together. Gearing up
for Gulf Wars, bring any submissions to me. There will be Heraldic
tables at GW, you can work out your device or name and they are there to
help research for you, then you can bring back and we can submit it.

*Chronicler: *per Baronessa Caterina, she has the Plume completed and
uploaded on the website.

*A & S: *Extremely busy month, getting ready for GW. There will be no
official A & S night this month, but please take advantage of the open A
& S nights at the Hidden Castle. I am working on the A & S tent for Med
Faire, it will be restructured from the past, there will be no sitting
and hanging out behind the tables. We will have scheduled shifts with a
mandatory 2 hour break between your shifts for the A & S tent and the
Living History tent.

*Rapier Marshal: *per Baronessa Caterina, Lord Jacq could not attend
tonight because his lady is in the hospital with a spider bite on her
foot.They are still having practices at 7pm at Sellars Park on Tuesday
nights. We have gotten 2 new rapier authorizations in the last month.

*Knight Marshal: *Getting ready for Gulf Wars, still having practice on
Wednesday night 7:30 pm at Sellars Park. We will have no practice next
week (3/9/11) no practice the week of Gulf Wars (3/16/11) and probably
no practice the week after GW (3/23/11). If you want to get spear
authorized come out to practice tomorrow.

*Baronessa Caterina: *I was contacted by the Queen and she has asked
that if we could make royal dishes for the Kingdom of the Outlands,
since we were doing the gift basket for them, since their royal dishes
where all broken. We are working on this every day this week at Sellars
Park, come by anytime to help. Also since our regular scheduled officers
meeting will be the day after we get back from GW, lets have it the next
Monday, which is the 28^th at our house along with the Beltane Planning
meeting.

*Hospitaler: *Most urgent, if there is anybody new going to GW or if you
meet someone at GW please let me know who they are. Working on Med
Faire, if you have any ideas, marketing for med faire, let me know. We
will be having the business cards to hand out as well as flyers. There
will be a newcomer booth where we can gather contact information.

*Archery Marshal: *We also got another person siege authorized last
Sunday, so now we have 15 from Namron authorized, 8 of them being women.
Still having practices Sundays at 2pm at Lord Christian's place. Lord
Lawrence of the Greenwood shot an 84 with his target crossbow and is now
the newest Forrester. We also have the tape for the siege ammo in route.

*Med Faire Coordinator: *All going well with the staff all sharing the
load. Med Faire Website is looking good. Updates are on the website. If
you want to volunteer, check on the website and find out which area has
a person in charge of that, Lady Kylie for the list, Lady Droen for A &
S, Lady Nicolea is the staff director, etc. Pennants, banners, flags, if
I can get anyone to volunteer to make 15-20 of each gold and black, so
that we can ad more color to the Embassy. We will be having the next
planning meeting after GW, look at the list or the website for when that
will be.

*Beltane Coordinator: *things are going well, next Beltane planning
meeting is Monday March 28^th at the home of Their Excellencies at 7:30pm.

*Treasurer: *Also an announcement if anyone is interested in the
treasurer position, please contact me, that way we can run Beltane together.

*B & B: *Their Majesties have requested that since the Known World Party
is going to be a Japanese Tea Party Theme, they would like for Ansteorra
to dress up as Mongols and invade.

*Baroness Maleah: *We got moved into the new house.

*Lady Ayesha: *birthday cake for Adena's birthday.

*Lord Buchello: *I'm the coordinator for Med Faire refreshments. I have
a list of the food that will be there, please check the website out and
if there is any of the food that would like to be donated, let me know.
Also bring mugs; we want to keep down any non-period containers if at
all possible.

*Seneschal: *a couple more things, If anyone knows of a place that we
can hold the revel for Med Faire on Saturday night please let Annabelle
or myself know. The place we had it last year is being used. Meal plan
for GW can be paid through paypal, go to the website to do so, we need
to have the money up front before we go to GW. Also any Kingdom or
Baronial awards we need to submit them now for the people of our Barony.
If you know of someone who deserves these awards please submit from the
kingdom website. Also cc Their Excellencies in an email. Contact them
and they can help you in submitting the correct way.

Meeting ended 8:15pm